atmospheric sampled beat

Thanks man! Yes variation and arrangement is something I find difficult. I can usually come up with a nice loop but then nothing for chorus for example.

I like the loop but I agree with the comments on variation. Also, the it ends abruptly, maybe worth playing around with adding and removing instruments, or chopping the sample towards the end (and other places for variation)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! Variation is challenging for me. Will definitely have another look at it.

Enjoyed hearing this! The atmosphere is dope for sure but the turnaround of your loops could be a bit smoother

I liked listening to this beat. Haven't done much atmospheric beats myself but after listening to this I may have go. I do agree with the rest, add a bit more variation and it should be good. Keep up the good work

This a pretty sick beat to spit bars to man. Two main things stood out for me, I like how the sample flip had variations to it instead of just a 8 bar loop but I think you could cut out/refine some of the high frequencies using EQ. The second main thing is that maybe you should boost the volume of the drums up for stronger drums instead of weak ones.

Anyway check my stuff out when you have time.
YouTube

What the others said: Great melody and ambiance, just needs more variation. What I usually do if I get stuck and need more elements in my beat is I play around on my midi controller (if you have a keyboard, drum pad or a launch pad or something like that) until i find something that I like and seems to fit with the rest of the beat. Then just as they said, add and remove the elements and maybe make transitions (like reverse cymbals and risers/downers).

Back