The Art of Storytelling Rap Contest $100 cash prize

Donta Black

What's good future producer family, it seems like the presents on here has gotten weaker recently. Ah well. Drop links and I will return feedback! Also, I am giving away $100 to whoever writes the best story over the beat below.

YouTube

INSTRUCTIONS TO ENTER:
-------------------------------------------
1. You must be subscribe my YouTube or Instagram @dontablack330

2. Download the instrumental FREE here: DBLKMUSIC

3. Once You have downloaded the beat & write a quick 16 or full song. Record the video and submit it to Youtube w/ the title:

#TOAST DontaBlack330 Contest @YourName
Post Contest:
The contest will conclude Feb. 3rd. I will review all entries on Instagram live to select the winner Feb. 4th. The 1st Place Winner will have 48 hours to respond to claim their prize money.

If not claimed within that period, a 2nd Place Winner will be drawn.

Good luck and have fun !

God damn it's a crazy beat, now I might have to enter my self! :D

???????? I only wish I could have provided more of a solid mix for those that do plan to join. I didn't realize until later that the drum brake that I chose was completely mono. And I to be honest I struggled trying to tame the open highhat and preserving the snare simultaneously.

Pretty badass progression and melody. Cools stuff. The drum break probably is a bit messy from a mixing perspective. The cymbals might be a bit too loud and everything sound a bit crunchy, but it does give it a cool old school feel. I still like the beat man! Thanks for you comment on my stuff!

I dig it man. Good beat, kept me hooked the whole way through. Good drums. Some of the instruments may have needed some better presence/tweaking/eq whatnot, but otherwise great arrangement and energy throughout. Hopefully someone does that beat justice in the contest!

High ends of melodies are bit distorted, drums are solid but they are too repetitive, you should add more variations to it. Solid beat, good job,

Back