Apollo - Archangels Track (F4FA)

i like it, def sounds like an 80s track.. the verse parts are really dope and have lots of space for a rapper. i feel like the melody in the hook could be tweaked a bit tho to better fit the groove of the track if that makes sense.. it sounds pretty different from the rest. the kick sounds a bit drowned out at that part as well but other than that the drums are solid.. the variations throughout are great. good job on this

I know what you mean and that is similar to what my girlfriend's mother was saying - she wanted me to add more brass for the chorus so when the switch up came it wasn't too different. But, when I added brass it just didn't sit well with me. I guess it's that Outkast Organized Noize in me lol!

LOL'd at the trap fan comment.

All in all this is a solid beat, the precussion is really nice, Thought your open hats were abit too loud and need to be dropped into the background more, i seem to be catching them everytime they happen. Also thought the trappy snare roll was abit out of place in my opinion, i know what you were going for but i'd go with an older drum roll or something similar. But thats really the only thing i can feedback on.
Melody works hard, got some good layers here too. Keep at it! Thanks for the feedback.

I appreciate the feedback, Stanzah, and I hear you with the snare roll - it's a trap style roll but I agree with you that I'd rather like to hear a live sample instead. I was listening to the song at the gym the other day and heard the right side open hat that was a little too loud and sharp, so I'll work on that too.

I'm not sure what genre you were going for with this, so please excuse any ignorance on my part related to that.

As far as mixing, it sounds very clear and it "pops" per say.

Musically though, it's just way too much for me. The combination of everything is just overwhelming and it literally made me cringe, especially during the chorus. Not to say that the melodies and drum patterns weren't good on a technical level, it just was not pleasing to my ears.

I'll reiterate, I'm not familiar with this genre, and on a creative level it was quite interesting. It just wasn't pleasing to my ears to be completely honest with you. Cheers!

dope production for sure. as for it being trap i would say not at all other than the orch hits. but even if trap is what you were going for this beat is tight. i like how tight the mix is and all the melodies you added were pretty cool

I'm not sure what genre you were going for with this, so please excuse any ignorance on my part related to that.

As far as mixing, it sounds very clear and it "pops" per say.

Musically though, it's just way too much for me. The combination of everything is just overwhelming and it literally made me cringe, especially during the chorus. Not to say that the melodies and drum patterns weren't good on a technical level, it just was not pleasing to my ears.

I'll reiterate, I'm not familiar with this genre, and on a creative level it was quite interesting. It just wasn't pleasing to my ears to be completely honest with you. Cheers!

Eh I respect your honesty and even though the style of this song may not have been pleasing to you maybe my next one will, so much respect for your feedback!

dope production for sure. as for it being trap i would say not at all other than the orch hits. but even if trap is what you were going for this beat is tight. i like how tight the mix is and all the melodies you added were pretty cool

Ha yeah I def WAS NOT going for a trap mix and didn't want people to think it was! I appreciate the feedback and support, aweil

Back