Ambient vibes instrumental, bit of XXYYXX flavor. F4F

BrokenWookie

I would love any and all feedback on my latest track. I am just coming back from a long break and this is my first track I have released in a while. I will return any feedback as soon as I can.

Last edited:
I like the vibe you were going for. Definitely sounds like some smooth laid back type beat. But I felt like you could have cutt of the highs a bit on some of those synth chords there were sounding to bright. I know you're trying to make that rise type feel the beginning but I still felt it was a bit too loud and bright when it got those parts. you deff needs some new drums kit or something those drums sounded really weak to me and the pattern of those drums were really stale to me. I love the overall like feel and direction of the track but I feel like on a technical level its not quite there yet. My advice would be

mixing and better drums

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! I think I can do some better mixing with the kick and the sub-bass, the intensity of the sub is probably taking some impact out of the kick. I purposefully went for a very simple pattern in the first part, but I agree that the second pattern could use a bit more variation. Maybe I took the variation from part 1 to part 2 a little too far. I will play around with the mixing and see if that helps.

i think the drums in general sound quite robotic, you could humanise via velocity variation and moving hits off the grid, would make the drums feel more organic. i also agree that the mix could do with more work, i think you need to cut some freqs everywhere and just get the track feeling a little less cluttered. maybe layer some ambient environmental noise tho, would fit well with the concept.

return feed : https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dirty-south-etc/self-produced-rap-f4f-518232/

Hmmm it could become very dope if you work on it some more. I think the drums need to be louder and just knock harder personally. a big reverb on it could make it more alive.
I would turn the bass down in volume a little bit. I think that chord is also kinda loud in the second part.
I would add something like a Piano with more notes in the sequence. Make it a little fuller.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...south-etc/very-dope-euphoric-beat-f4f-518118/

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! Funny you mention that BigPaps - whole track is already layered with environmental noise. Maybe due to the mixing it is hard to hear though. I agree drums are a bit robotic. In the first section it is intentional, but I guess I need to add more swing to the second part. Everyone seems to be saying the drums need to stand out more. Anybody have some suggested drum packs?

Shit man this is really nice i think others arent seeing the bigger picture of what you were aiming for or something but i really dig it man.
As somebody else said the drums are weak and the synths a little too bright but i really like it man following now aswell GJ.

Sounds trippy. Not really listening to these kind of songs but this one touched me. I'm feeling like i'm playing an old video game that takes place in space or something. Good work

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it! I wasn't initially sure whether to post this in the hip-hop forum or the electronic section, as I think this is right on the edge between the two. Glad some people were feeling the vibe I was going for!

I will take all the advice and raise the drum level, lower the main synth sounds a bit.

All feed returned so far.

I like the vibe you were going for. Definitely sounds like some smooth laid back type beat. But I felt like you could have cutt of the highs a bit on some of those synth chords there were sounding to bright. I know you're trying to make that rise type feel the beginning but I still felt it was a bit too loud and bright when it got those parts. you deff needs some new drums kit or something those drums sounded really weak to me and the pattern of those drums were really stale to me. I love the overall like feel and direction of the track but I feel like on a technical level its not quite there yet. My advice would be

mixing and better drums

This guy hit the nail on the head. U have talent and vision but the technical aspects of the production needs a lot of work. Just keep reading and watching tutorials and putting the work in and it'll come naturally pretty quickly if you're serious about it, especially considering you seem to have the brainstorming part down.

@mavmultimedia Thanks for the feedback! I went a bit out of my comfort zone on this one, kind of a maximalist vibe, so it stretched my mixing abilities. I think with different samples and more effort on mixing the main part it will sound better. Going to keep working on it and apply to future tracks.

I like the synth sound. Very full and lush. I agree with your assessment of making the drums louder. They are being covered up way too much by that synth. Once that is fixed, I think it could use a lead line over the chords to add another element.

Here is my latest beat: https://soundcloud.com/meursault71/2a-1

Love the sample, and those rides are awesome. Snare could be slightly louder in the mix (or just make more space for it). Bass is a bit boomy, though maybe on purpose. Kick could stand out a bit more in the mix as well. Vocals fit perfectly and move you throughout the track. Great job!

i feel like you could've mixed it better..
If you were going for more hip hop, i'd suggest better drum patterns
Electronic .. idk bout that fam

Nice synth chords in the intro. Kick/sub sounds perfect in terms of mixing and I like the kick pattern a lot. Vocals sit nicely in the mix, very full sounding. I would consider bringing the overall levels of the track up a bit, as in smash it a little bit - the quiet sections are significantly louder than the rest of the track.

I have the same problem not knowing what genre to post my beats in lol. I get what you are going for with this and I agree with most of the feedback. I think the beat could benefit from a lowpass on the synth and some reverb on the drums, they sound too dry for a beat called "space" ;) lol. Better drum selection too, find a snare that really pops.

Check out my latest beat here

Back