Action bronson, the alchemist type beat with an original flare

Spratticus Finch

Spratticus Finch
Thanks for taking the time to listen. This track was influenced by Action Bronson, The Alchemist, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks style hip hop. If you enjoy it be sure to share it with your friends and especially with anyone you know who is a talented rapper. :victory:

https://soundcloud.com/spratticusfinch/august-16th_hip-hop-instrumental

-K. Spratt
Spratticus Finch
facebook.com/spratticusfinch
instagram.com/spratticusfinch
twitter.com/spratticusfinch

Last edited:
Appreciate your reply Barino! I'll have to make that wu-tang / mobb deep style track now that you mention it. About the way the strings sound and your comment about compression arrangement, etc - I'm actually an audio mixing and mastering engineer for over 17 years now and my knowledge of compression, eq, reverb, audio tools in general, etc is quite detailed. I work in the studio anywhere from 60-80 hours a week for my clients and anytime left over from that I use to write and produce my own music. As far as the arrangement for this particular track, I built my arrangement around the same structure as one of my reference tracks that I used which is an industry standard signed track from a mainstream artist. It was not a conventional arrangement and thats what I wanted for my tune as well. The snare and the rest of the drums sound exactly how I wanted them to sound as well but again I appreciate your insight/opinion and will take it into account! I wanted to keep this particular track simple and thats usually a good idea for any track that is intended for vocals ESPECIALLY in the hip hop genre. Ofcourse the music needs to be interesting but I think you'd find a lot of your favorite hip hop tunes pretty repetitive if you heard a version without the vocals. Glad you enjoyed it though and if you're interested in hearing more don't forget to follow me on soundcloud/social media!

Kind Regards,

Kev :)

Back