Thread: 1st Song / Beat

Thanks

1st Song / Beat

Sign in to disable this ad
    New to this! Before listening, I want you to know that I didn't necessarily have an objective for this song. Every time I attempt to make a beat, I get stuck with just a single loop. Having a difficult time turning loops in to full songs. Putting sounds together and creating melodies are by far my favorite part of the process. Due to these blockages, i decided to just copy and paste the loop and upload the track to get some feedback. Also, I had to upload a lower quality .mp3 version. For all the mixing buffs, I can upload a higher quality .wav file if anybody wants it! Just ask! Would LOVE to hear y'alls tracks and give feedback as well! Thanks for reading and hopefully listening. Seep by stolte | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited by Stolte; 12-23-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks
    Hi mate. Dope sounds you got, very original. But try varying the loops you just cant be stuck at one loop.

You can try to asess mine:

Emedee | Amadeusz Emedee | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emedee View Post
    Hi mate. Dope sounds you got, very original. But try varying the loops you just cant be stuck at one loop.

You can try to asess mine:

Emedee | Amadeusz Emedee | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    I really like the Digeridooo track. One thing that is bothering me is that the kick track needs quantized.

Thanks
    Love it!

Thanks
    The beat is pretty neat. You did a nice Job! But you should improve your mixing a little bit. i think your 808 is overpowered. It sounds a little bit muddy.

Thanks
    The 808 is too loud.

The melodic ideas here are actually not too bad. You could definitely expand on this. I like the sound selection itself. I know the trend right now is all drums being quantized, but I would have liked to hear some velocity changes, slight, in the hi hats to give this a little bit better of a pocket and groove.

Overall this is good, much better than I was expecting from your introduction to it lol. Nice melodic work!
    Subscribe to the YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/boadiebeats, Twitter - @boadiebeats

Thanks
    Nice dark beat. Pretty unique sound too. As far as turning loops into beats, I recommend starting by making the 'verses' by stripping bits out of the loops. Eg, just drums and bass to start with, then expand on the drums a little, add a few one hits and maybe some atmosphere, the idea being to build the verse into the chorus by adding layers of the loop. (the key here is to only include the main melody in its full form in the chorus if that makes sense). I'm also super new taking a different approach by sampling non traditional objects to make my beats. Check it out here Beats Concrete | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    Last edited by BeatsConcrete; 12-29-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Thread Information