0hms - Shelter in Place Prod by Retnik Beats F4F 100

I like it. Sounds to me like more agressive and rhythmically complex Cage. Mixing wise I think the vocal is too dry, maybe a light delay and reverb would help it. I guess the beat is a mixdown, rather than stemmed out, right? Really cool switch at 1:50. Rapping is on point. Good stuff!

Just Talk | Prod. Mycelial Cords

I like it. Sounds to me like more agressive and rhythmically complex Cage. Mixing wise I think the vocal is too dry, maybe a light delay and reverb would help it. I guess the beat is a mixdown, rather than stemmed out, right? Really cool switch at 1:50. Rapping is on point. Good

Thanks man, I actually have a reverb on one voc track and a delay on the other, but I had a hard time mixing it due to the beat being like you said a mix down. I will look and see if I can add more delay to try and wet things up without distorting things. Thanks for your time.

Thank you for opinion my beat.

I can say something about beat.
Melody is simple imo but have a rly nice flow. Very interesing sound of instruments and weird bas but it's fit to climat of song.

Thank you for opinion my beat.

I can say something about beat.
Melody is simple imo but have a rly nice flow. Very interesing sound of instruments and weird bas but it's fit to climat of song.

Thanks man, I didn’t make the beat. But I did write, rap and record it. I just upped a new mix that addresses some of the issues.

First I will say what i think about the beat. I generally love Retniks beats, but this one is nothing much compared to his possibilities. From the rappers aspect, it sounds pretty awesome! I love your flow, you remind me of Ski Mask a little bit. Both rhymes and delivery are dope, great work, I would love to work with you in future. Cheers

First I will say what i think about the beat. I generally love Retniks beats, but this one is nothing much compared to his possibilities. From the rappers aspect, it sounds pretty awesome! I love your flow, you remind me of Ski Mask a little bit. Both rhymes and delivery are dope, great work, I would love to work with you in future. Cheers
Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. Yea retnik has def got some heat, this one I myself liked because of the hard hitting nature of what I envisioned. Let me check some more of your material out, and if I hear something I could hop on and do justice.. I will hit you up

Very solid work. Good delivery and lyrics. The beat bangs, I like the low end a lot. The song has a dark feel/emotion and I like the current events subject matter. It is cool to hear this type of rap, and not the usual mumble flow. You should make some kind of visual for it and put it on YouTube.

Very solid work. Good delivery and lyrics. The beat bangs, I like the low end a lot. The song has a dark feel/emotion and I like the current events subject matter. It is cool to hear this type of rap, and not the usual mumble flow. You should make some kind of visual for it and put it on YouTube.
Thanks for the feed man, yea I’ve been thinking about putting a visual to this. I’ve never done it before, but I got some time on my hands now a days

I think you have a really cool vision for mood, arrangement and the flow of your track and I liked a for example the transitions you made, there is a lot of things going on in the arrangement and it keeps the attention of the listener.

To give you some ideas what maybe to improve I think the vocal recording and mixing will give you some level up. Not an expert here but I think it could be more coherent with the sample maybe via some good glueing compressor on the vocal/master bus, maybe it would be worth trying two compressors after each other, I've heard it also might fit for the purpose.

Thank you for checking my tracks and keep up the good work!

I think you have a really cool vision for mood, arrangement and the flow of your track and I liked a for example the transitions you made, there is a lot of things going on in the arrangement and it keeps the attention of the listener.

To give you some ideas what maybe to improve I think the vocal recording and mixing will give you some level up. Not an expert here but I think it could be more coherent with the sample maybe via some good glueing compressor on the vocal/master bus, maybe it would be worth trying two compressors after each other, I've heard it also might fit for the purpose.

Thank you for checking my tracks and keep up the good work!
I appreciate the feedback! Ya I put a couple compressor in the voc, in with a 4:1 ratio , the other with a fast attack and release. Since I don’t have the stems it was difficult to mix my vocs into the beat, due to the low end kind of being muddy on the beat.
So I did what little knowledge of mixing I have allowed me to do lol.

Back