Thread: Work in Progress EP [Jazz and Low End Theory]

Thanks

Work in Progress EP [Jazz and Low End Theory]

Sign in to disable this ad
    Greetings FP. This is a short project of instrumentals, sort of along the vein of A Tribe Called Quest. I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Really rate all of the instrument sounds you've got here, is it sampled or have you recorded them? Drums sound ace in the first track, proper The Roots vibe. Think some of the mixes could punch a bit more, you've got some great sounds there you just need to draw attention to them a bit more, like the upright bass loop and the piano sample in the first track could definitely be a bit louder. Awesome collection of tunes you've got man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisellis View Post
    Really rate all of the instrument sounds you've got here, is it sampled or have you recorded them? Drums sound ace in the first track, proper The Roots vibe. Think some of the mixes could punch a bit more, you've got some great sounds there you just need to draw attention to them a bit more, like the upright bass loop and the piano sample in the first track could definitely be a bit louder. Awesome collection of tunes you've got man
    Thank you for your kind words. I thought I could improve on alot of things, hence the name. But it came together really well.

Thanks
    Give me a shout if you're ever looking to collaborate on a beat, definitely my kind of tunes you're making and I've been wanting to work on a bit more hip hop stuff for a while.

Thanks
    I really rate these and they're so smooth, well done. What instruments/VSTs do you use for the piano in first track, been looking for one that sounds like that.

I'm getting back into making jazz based hip hop beats atm too
    My latest:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisMixes View Post
    I really rate these and they're so smooth, well done. What instruments/VSTs do you use for the piano in first track, been looking for one that sounds like that.

I'm getting back into making jazz based hip hop beats atm too
    Thank you so much. No VSTs. Everything is sampled. I really like the old school sound of blending multiple elements. My intent is to use this as a branch to a more broader sound.

Jazz based hip hop is a diverse realm.

Thank you again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickodun View Post
    Greetings FP. This is a short project of instrumentals, sort of along the vein of A Tribe Called Quest. I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Please let me know what you think.
    Yeah man this is dope...as someone who's also entirely sample based and doesn't use any vst's etc I can totally appreciate and dig this..

Good stuff..keep up the good work dude!

Here We Are One Time (Album Mix) | Danswift

Danswift's profile - Listen to music
    Last edited by Danswift; 05-02-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Thread Information