Showcasing the first video of the 613 come up - Feedback Appreciated

D-toks

Hi all,

Posted my first Youtube video tonight and was wanting feedback on how the vocals and mix sound to your ears. I'm happy with how its turned out so but complacency isn't an option so I still seek advice for improvement in the future. Also, if any of you can help me identify what niche I fit best into voice-wise, that would be very well appreciated. I feel I am way too unfocused in terms of the songs I have currently recorded/ready to mix because I still don't know have a great sense of what type of artists I may sound similar to/what type of songs would work best with my voice. Thanks.

Last edited:
This song sounds like it's a bit out of your range am i right? Your voice is kinda raspy and it sounds like you're straining to to hit those top notes she hits.
I think that if you found a new more comfortable tone to sing this in then it would come off a lot stronger. You'd be able to put more of your voice into your lines.
As for niche its hard to tell when you're singing someon eles's song. I would suggest trying a bunch of different styles until you find something that feels natural then start finding other songs like that and ride with it.

If you got some time please peep the new artists in my last post!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...er-producer-mn-suite-ava-514954/#post49960155

Hey KMN,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually didn't find this song difficult to sing from a range perspective at all. My voice can actually go quite a bit higher than this. That said, I was trying to sing with a grittier/raspier tone than my natural voice has so likely that contributed to the sense of strain. So your second point about maybe sticking to a more natural tone for me is probably what I need to focus on more. Also, I'm relatively green as a singer so breath support from the diaphragm still could be improved, particularly in the longer lines where there isn't room to "cheat" (i.e. sneak in breaths where you shouldn't really be taking them) and I think in trying to sing with a different tone I may have been a little tense, instead of relaxed but I can't recall the recording session.

And yeah I've been searching for a while now for "my sound"/niche, it gets a little frustrating from time to time feeling like you don't have an "identity" when singing.

And for sure I'll check your music out.

Last edited:
Back