New song, "all the time" - jvsmine [f4f]

jvsmine

Hi, I just uploaded this song tonight. Let me know what you think and I'll return the favor. Thanks for listening :)

I'm feeling this song. I like the vibe of the production, which was done well. The vocals are real good; I like the writing too. Everything meshes and is cohesive. The track did seem a wee bit empty...I think some reverb on the vocals during the verses, or even the snare would add more to an already dope track.

I'm feeling this song. I like the vibe of the production, which was done well. The vocals are real good; I like the writing too. Everything meshes and is cohesive. The track did seem a wee bit empty...I think some reverb on the vocals during the verses, or even the snare would add more to an already dope track.

Thanks for checking it out! Appreciate the feedback as well, I completely agree with it being a bit empty. Definitely will keep that in mind next time in order to fill it out more. Thanks again for listening

This is good, very mellow. You should monitor the flow at times to make sure you are on the beat. There are moments when you don't keep the beat. Furthermore, I know you're keeping it minimalistic but I think there are not enough special little elements - the vocals are very interesting and the bass is crisp and everything is EQ'ed really well, you keep things moving and dynamic but there's one little extra bit, maybe a layer of auto-filtered synth that comes in and out of the picture -- SOMETHING that will really make it memorable because now, aside from the vocals, it's a trap beat, stoned out kind of beat but nothing over the top memorable. The vocals stick but it's not enough to carry everything if you get me. Still, other than than, crisp production on my laptop speakers. Nice job.

This is good, very mellow. You should monitor the flow at times to make sure you are on the beat. There are moments when you don't keep the beat. Furthermore, I know you're keeping it minimalistic but I think there are not enough special little elements - the vocals are very interesting and the bass is crisp and everything is EQ'ed really well, you keep things moving and dynamic but there's one little extra bit, maybe a layer of auto-filtered synth that comes in and out of the picture -- SOMETHING that will really make it memorable because now, aside from the vocals, it's a trap beat, stoned out kind of beat but nothing over the top memorable. The vocals stick but it's not enough to carry everything if you get me. Still, other than than, crisp production on my laptop speakers. Nice job.

Thanks for the feedback. I feel you on all of that, especially layering/adding more special elements. Will absolutely keep that in mind for the next one. Thanks for listening, appreciate your comments!

Back