ITS FUNKY!!!!!! New song FUNK/HIPHOP

Greetings, since you didn't make the beat I wont discuss production. Vocals wise, I rocks to it!...Def is very funky!!! This is should I say a very charismatic rendition of G-Hip Hop...Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun recording this too. Dope

Mixing wise could more be commented on tho. Ok, so you have recorded and mixed this magnificent record, and like most of us as recording engineers, we always seek different interpretations of how our music consumes the listener sonically right? 1st verse and hook was gucci, but 2nd verse guy needed some presence in those vox. He sounded drowned out. Maybe that was the effect you were going for??? idk... If so, cut some mids 400 - 600 hz range. Actually effect, or not I would still recommend a similar eq cut on the 2nd verse. Do you engineer professionally? I actually favor engineering more than production. Nothing like a clean la vocal going into some pristine converters man real talk. No warmth emulation either... straight clean ha!. Maybe we can share some of our mixing techniques in the future. I'm actually studying digital audio path in my spare time. Throughout the years I've always believe quality starts at the source, and that's before it hits the console. I could always use new tips tho. Curious to know what gear you use too.*

Anyways, overall I love that track. Throw this on when I have a couple ratchets at the crib ha! Good work bro...

Shali

It smell funky lol, I like that. It seem like yall was just havin fun on this track. I like the 1st verse but the 2nd guy seemed like he's far away from the mic. The eq could be a little tighter on that. Overall, all the vocals sound like they could sit a little better on the instrumental. Like the other then bass, the instruments sound slightly further away from the voices. Other than that its cool.

If you got a minute, check out my remix I did for a contest. Vote for me if you like it. All feedback is welcome good or bad. Thanks
http://indaba.us/ga4j

Thanks man yeah I appreciate the tips.. I have only been mixing for about 6 or so months now probably only like 20 songs all together so I couldn't really give u any tips.. I mostliy just put on some prefixes on the effects and then mess with the knobs.. really don't know what im doing structure wise

Back