Howy Viccit - slowing down - 168 bpm

Yux

Hi,

My daily new efforts

Trying new things,
I think this is the right place to drop it.

I'm a fan of the drumming, as a drummer myself =) It has a very nice balance between energetic bursts and a more laid-back style. The vibes in general were real easygoing. The track did feel a bit empty at times, though. This is all subjective, but I think this could benefit from the synth (not the sax synth, the other one) having a bit more sustain on its notes, or maybe reverb - idk, something to help the notes stay out longer. Either that, or introduce a keyboard into the mix :p can never go wrong with one of those.

Last edited:
The sax synth needs more reverb and tad more analogue-emulating sat[uration]. All songs should have 3-7 percent wetness on its reverb in the master chain. That's partly how you get that analog/Dolby NR studio vault-ready mastered sound.

Without 3-7% wetness for reverb IR emulation on the master chain, all songs sound "stiff" and almost "non-musical"....especially if you're using loops as the bedtrack for the beat!!!!
This should be set up in a such a way that when the song ends without a fade-out at the end of the whole track, you hear an echo trail for at least a few seconds (although it doesn't sound too echoey during the whole entire song), then you have
applied the right amount of reverb on the master chain in your DAW.

Last edited:
thank you for listening. But I don't use loops as such. I just program or play pieces and put them together. Also, this was done on an adroid with the mobile app and a very cheap headphones. Just having fun.
But a good tip.
When it comes to mastering, I don't have enough equipment to do that. No monitors, no space and no money. But I try to use some knowlegde using FL Studio. And I indeed found using some reverb after parallel compression on the mastermix sounds nice.
But today I wanna focus on my left hand playing keys.

But first I will check your music, might be fun too :cheers:

thank you for listening. But I don't use loops as such. I just program or play pieces and put them together. Also, this was done on an adroid with the mobile app and a very cheap headphones. Just having fun.
But a good tip.
When it comes to mastering, I don't have enough equipment to do that. No monitors, no space and no money. But I try to use some knowlegde using FL Studio. And I indeed found using some reverb after parallel compression on the mastermix sounds nice.
But today I wanna focus on my left hand playing keys.

But first I will check your music, might be fun too :cheers:

Kewl, man. Thanks for replying. You DON`T always need outboard-hardware gear to master. Masteirng can be done all in the box as they like to say. Plugins are that good nowadays. And no, Izotope's Ozone is the not the complete mastering solution although it helps to get you there. Mastering is making it sound good for ALL reproducers of music e.g. boom box, android, grandpa's treble am radio he had for 35 years, mp3 bluetooth player, etc.

Last edited:
Back