Psy-Trance style track, feedback?

Dude... awesome song!! :bigeyes:
I see you made a LOT of progress... to start with the sound... you got an excellent production, every element is in its place (I personally think the kick is getting a bit too loud later on when it comes in stronger).
Your synths sound very good, most of them very professional, and the most important thing, they fit well into each other... the contradictions are very fluent, as Psytrance should be... sometimes you remind me of Infected Mushroom, but your song keeps on evolving getting its own stamp... it never gets boring, there's always something in the background catching attention.
I say you can be very proud of this.
9/10 Points and *add to playlist* :)

the intro sample reminded me of shpongle-- the way they distort vocal samples and twist them up like that. albeit a little bizarre, the intro really captured my attention. good job with the chord changes, that's a really important part of keeping a track interesting (and sometime's it's really hard to get out of just using 1 chord/scale the whole time.) overall, this is a really good track. around 4:30, when all the other parts drop off, the kick dominates everything else. if you turned it down a notch, or even changed the sample, that would make it better. keep up the good work!

well, i thought the song was great BUT...

you caught my eye with "sex drive"...12/8, huh...

man..

that track is ****ing great...you have great production...and that song is just fantastic...give me an email if you have any more tracks like that in the future...its great, man...

keep it up..
donovan

As with everyone else, this song is great. Really good work here, best I have heard of you by far. I just love your complexity; the time you put in really shows and it counts. This is what separates mediocrity with really great stuff, time (assuming you have the talent of course). I dont have any grips except the grips I have against this genre, but from what Ive heard, this is at the top of the genre. Great work.

4 out of 5

Holy Crapola...

Where do I begin. I didn't think the intro was half bad. It was actually pretty bad ass.

Cybernetica put it best when he described you as sounding like "Infected Mushroom". The evolving complexity and classical sounding minor breakoffs were reminiscent of them.

Your becomming a psytrance titan. Keep up the good work...

You're right about the vocals being kinda wierd but it really fits with the song. Thats the most important thing, that it fits, and this song melds like a jigsaw puzzle. If it were a book it'd be up for a pulitzer, thats all I can say. And to keep it interesting for 7 min is quite an accomplishment. keep it up, ill look forward to your next track.

Thanks guys, I do think I did a good job, and looking back at it, I am not quite sure howso well. I don't know if I will be able to top that anytime soon.

As Far as I know there are very few Psy producers on FP. Modcam and Cyber what's his face are the only others I know. Speaking Of Cyber-dude, He has this track on the review forum that's pretty cool, go check it out. We all learn from each other.

Thanks again.

This is really good sh!t. However, you change your thoughts too quickly. I would extend some of your thoughts for a few bars more. You have all the standard psy sounds ala Infected Mushroom, but your production isn't all that great. Are you using Reason? Your track sounds like it was done completly in Reason.

Thanks Frost-Raven, it feels great how the guys here support each other :)

Fumbling on XTC is very much right, this whole track was done entirly on reason. You must have extremly trained ears, cause I would have been fooled if I heard this not know the medium of its creation. Reason works fine for me, I never really saw anyting bad about. It's far cheaper then buying muliple synths and a midi program and all that **** you can buy. I love reason, I don't see any reason thus far for giving it up....

Frost-RAVEN said:
Fumbling on XTC is very much right, this whole track was done entirly on reason. You must have extremly trained ears, cause I would have been fooled if I heard this not know the medium of its creation. Reason works fine for me, I never really saw anyting bad about. It's far cheaper then buying muliple synths and a midi program and all that **** you can buy. I love reason, I don't see any reason thus far for giving it up....

Don't get me wrong, Reason is a great tool. However sometimes it has a tendency to sound a little thin. You have to really tweak it to get it to sound like a pro recording. I could tell it was Reason, because the program has a really distinct hollow sound I can't quite explain. It takes a lot of work to know how to disguise it, but it can be done.

I'm not against using soft synths. In fact, I just recently sold 5 of my 6 hardware synths and replaced them with Native Instruments Komplete Package, and MOTUs MX4. For electronic music, software is the way to go if you have a powerful enough computer. Ever since I switched completely to software I've been much happier.

Fumbling on Ecstasy said:

Don't get me wrong, Reason is a great tool. However sometimes it has a tendency to sound a little thin. You have to really tweak it to get it to sound like a pro recording. I could tell it was Reason, because the program has a really distinct hollow sound I can't quite explain. It takes a lot of work to know how to disguise it, but it can be done.

I'm not against using soft synths. In fact, I just recently sold 5 of my 6 hardware synths and replaced them with Native Instruments Komplete Package, and MOTUs MX4. For electronic music, software is the way to go if you have a powerful enough computer. Ever since I switched completely to software I've been much happier.

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but this topic is pertinent to myself because I am planning a move to software. Although I couldnt tell that this was produced with reason, I agree about the "hollow" sound it seems to have. Can you give me advice on a good software setup? You named some softsynths, what is a good sequencer? I do trance music btw if that helps.

I_watch_stars said:

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but this topic is pertinent to myself because I am planning a move to software. Although I couldnt tell that this was produced with reason, I agree about the "hollow" sound it seems to have. Can you give me advice on a good software setup? You named some softsynths, what is a good sequencer? I do trance music btw if that helps.

I'm on a mac, so my set up will be slightly different.

I use MOTUs Digital Performer 4.5 as my sequencer

For soft synths I mainly use MOTUs MX4, but it's a mac only synth, so you wouldn't be able to use it. It is hands down one of the best softsynths I've heard. I also use

NI Battery
NI Kontakt
NI Intakt
NI Absynth
NI Pro 53
NI FM 7
Spectrasonics Atmosphere

If you were to use all the NI products I named with Cubase SX3, you'd have a really nice setup capable of making pro sounding records. The trick is to use good plugins such as EQs and compressors. URS Series N EQ is amazing.

TihSquadMusic said:

Is he the one who is an avid drug user? :rolleyes:

Who's an avid drug user? I haven't touched drugs in 3 years. Also, some of the smartest people I know do drugs, so how does that qualify your statement? I recommend you take your ass back into the hip hop forums with all the other low IQ morons who are more interested in which rapper has the biggest penis.

Also, it doesn't take much to realize that you two are the same person. You realize as a moderator on this forum, I can check your IP address. Well here is what the IP address in both of your posts.

The IP Address is: 142.32.208.231. The host name is: vicce001.net.gov.bc.ca. Please click here to return to the thread.

Now you have a choice. Which account do you want me to ban. If you don't give me an answer, I'll ban them both and do an IP block. The decision is yours.

Back