ProbCause X Palmer Squares - MuffHugger Remix (Feedback 100% Returned F4F)

I'mo Reign

Here's a remix I did for a contest. All feedback welcome good or bad. All feedback will be returned.

Last edited:
The chords in this are all out of key. Go to autochords or bandcoach's site to learn some more about chord progressions. It's hard to critique the beat though, as the vocals are mixed way too loud on this. As far as I can tell, the drums and synths sound pretty stock, tweak with your sounds because the arrangement is pretty good. Thanks for the feed.

Thanks for the feedback but what chords are off key? I tuned everything to its proper note, including the kick drum. What part was off?

Thanks for the feedback but what chords are off key? I tuned everything to its proper note, including the kick drum. What part was off?

Maybe I was wrong, they may be in key but some of the sounds near 45-50 sound a bit dissonant and not pleasing to the ear, which I may have mistaken as off key.

1st, you have to make sure your music and vocals sync. temp of the musical track to me seems a lil slower than the vocals.Its doesn't have to be off by much to be recognized. that is the most important fact when making a track to fit vocals. i find it the most difficult thing to do when you don't the BPM but you have to find it.
so i couldn't really give a complete feel for this track. i truly would like to hear it when or if you correct the bpm.

here's a sample of what i mean, i had a gospel artist to send me his vocals(acapella) i then had to find the BPM to make sure that the vocal set in the track well. let me know what you think, and if you need help ill be glad to share with you on how to link your music with vocals in your DAW. just DM whenever.
check this link,
https://soundcloud.com/mozaart/no-doubt-kervin-brown-prod-by

1st, you have to make sure your music and vocals sync. temp of the musical track to me seems a lil slower than the vocals.Its doesn't have to be off by much to be recognized. that is the most important fact when making a track to fit vocals. i find it the most difficult thing to do when you don't the BPM but you have to find it.
so i couldn't really give a complete feel for this track. i truly would like to hear it when or if you correct the bpm.

here's a sample of what i mean, i had a gospel artist to send me his vocals(acapella) i then had to find the BPM to make sure that the vocal set in the track well. let me know what you think, and if you need help ill be glad to share with you on how to link your music with vocals in your DAW. just DM whenever.
check this link,
https://soundcloud.com/mozaart/no-doubt-kervin-brown-prod-by

Thanks for the feed but the vocals are the same bpm as the beat which is 141. I think its because the original instrumental that they rapped to had kind of experimental rhythm to it. My snare hits exactly in same spots as the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfwGplBrAKc

Last edited:
The vocals are too loud for the beat so I couldn't analyze it as well as I wish. To me, the chords sounded fine. They added a nice vibe to the song. I didn't think the strings mixed well with the chords however. That is just my opinion. Overall, I liked the beat. But there is definitely some work that needs to be done with it.

This is pretty cool. The vocals do seem like they drag as certain parts though. You may need to chop up parts and move them over a tad bit to make sure it locks in to the beat a bit better. The mix one the beat could be better as well, bring some of those elements up, especially the drums. I like the overall feel of the beat though, it has a cool vibe. Overall, pretty cool remix.

i like the overall beat but like some people have said, the vocals are to loud over the beat! but good job keep it up dude!

the beat is straight, doesn't sound off key at all to me. it's kinda tough to say anything about the mix bc the vocals drown it out, but i think the drums could be just a bit louder
and some acapellas are pretty hard to work with, sometimes you need to chop it but for the most part i think this would sound better if the downbeat on the pella hits slightly after the snare

Back