Preview of my track, feedback will be returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

downbeatz

Preview of my new track coming soon! Feedback would be great and if you like it check out my other tracks on my soundcloud and give us a follow, thanks!

Last edited:
Although i Can't say its particularly my thing to be honest with you. Everything ever sounds pretty good to me. Only thing i can really comment on is the lead at the beginning is probably abit too loud in the mix and will still have a similar impact if you turn it down. Good work.

Thanks for the feedback.

The intro to this track is interesting, it keeps my anticipation high. But then it starts, and the whole bottom end is highly hidden beneath that overpowering lead. It's way too squeezed and to me it completely lost the drive that I was anticipating in the first place. The arrangement is pretty good, especially liked the attention to details during the break (intro? since it's a preview..) but I miss another phrase at the end of any given amount of bars to keep it a bit more interesting.

This is definitely not bad, but there are a couple things you should pay attention on. first off, the mix sounds a bit empty, it feels like there is a hole in the low mids and bass frequencies. the break is nice and detailed, nice use of the different synths. the build up comes in a bit quick and doesnt really build up that much tension in my opinion. the drop sample works well, but the drop cant catch me at all. thats probably because of the missing lowmids/bass and also because you kept exactly to what you already got. supersaws and the same kind of melody, same kick, just a bit different chords. for more impact you could either cut the mix at like 180hz in the break and make the bass go in in the drop, or use a different instrumentation that fills the mix better and gives a more interesting texture. as wallengard said, it also sounds too squeezed. It definitely has potential but all in all I think working on the frequency spectrum and instrumentation would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back