Piano based R&B instrumental - F4F

nice piano, well done! check my stuff out to if you got the time youtube.com/beatsbyjamsz

I think you used too much reverb on the piano but I love the melody.The bass drum is too high pitched for my taste,it would be great if you used another drum sound.The synth is amazing.I really like it!! Do you mind telling me where you got that synth sound from lol ?
Overall it's a very well done track.

Since i'm not able to produce such thing, i say r.e.s.p.e.c.t
I love especially this part => from 1:08 to 1:36, there's something in there, can't tell you what (and my english is also too poor to explain...)
Good piano part, everything seems in place, i just found that the guitar part sounds too synthetic (artificial) for my taste, a good double humbucker on a good amp a little compressed/overdrived with a wah in order to cover this part would result in a overkilling track (imo ;) )
Nice job !!

@G.E.Productions - Nexus :)

@DaBaaz - thanks :D yea I got told about the guitar sound by another friend as well.. I only have the one VST atm so I was working with limited sounds.. Thanks fr the feedback..

I like the piano work however the drums ruin everything for me. I agree with the guitar part, I would either use a live instrument or learn to use vsts as it sounds way to synth like. Feed?

This is a really nice piano beat, but that bass in the drums is not working with me. Gets annoying after a while. Also I agree with the guitar part, sounded a little generic but looks like you have limited sounds for a real live guitar. The mixing sounds good. Change the bass a little and tweak the guitar and this should be a complete beat.

Return the feed if you got the time. Thanks
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-beat-summer-swaying-f4f-412843/#post49439664

You got a dope ass piano thing but the drums were a letdown the snare gets annoying because it pans to the right a little too much I didn't mind the bass but the guitar you could do better with realGtr or realstat or use something from sampletank there are lots of vsts out there with great sounding guitars or maybe replace the gtr sound with a synth with something generic from the 90's would sound dope the melody of the guitar is sick@@!! just needs replacing and the bells in the backround are good you should think about adding a subtle choir in the hook or something. Melodically you sound very good just need to fix your drums and get better quality sounds

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ceive-feedback/f4f-new-beat-reminisce-412838/

Last edited:
Thanks.. all feedback returned..

@RadioactiveBeats - thanks for the comprehensive breakdown of my song lol... my drums definitely need work.. it was only my third attempt :P

The piano is so nice! that background chimy synth complements the track very well nice sound choices. I can see what everyone is saying about the drums, but if you ask me if all about what you like :). If anything id take a tab bit reverb off those claps, i like the drum pattern so maybe just play around with some different samples. maybe layer your hats with a another hat that has some reverb on them it will help take up some more spaces. . I dont like the sound choice of the guitar solo, but the melody fits nicely!! over all great work. If you make changes let me know id like to hear where this track goes.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-young-jess-featuring-thesoundist-f4f-412882/ if u have time leave me some feed back for this track, and check out my cloud i feel u may like some of the tracks i have up there...

Last edited:
Melissa very nice piano playing. I can definitely tell it's you due to the intonation and velocities. I think the track has a lot of potential and your melodies are great. Also the synth work in the middle is nice. I think the piano comes in clear to begin with but gets a little drowned out by the rest of the mix once you add the rest of the instruments. You can try to EQ competing frequencies so that the piano has the shimmer/brightness in the higher frequency ranges throughout the entire track. Especially with such strong playing skills you really want to highlight that instrument. Also if you use the clap/snap sound during the verse and intro and either layer another clap or add in a snare sound during the chorus it will help bring more energy to the chorus. Since you are new to drums I think they sound pretty good. Before you worry too much about sound selection and mixing you should instead focus more on programming/pattern formation. Try to have distinct drums sounds that alert me to the chorus or the verse. Usually the chorus will be fuller with more drum elements or more complex patterns. A strong vocal performance could really bring this track to life as well. Keep up the great work :)

xMeL1SsAx,

I think this track is awesome! I love real instruments and this track can hang with a lot of piano tracks out there. I would love to hear a great song out of this.

Great Work!

Check out my track/thread:
the BIG shots - "KiNGS COURT" Dirty South Record! [ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED]
Looking forward to your feedback!

Also, check out our blog where we break down today's current hits and show you exactly what chords are used!
The Big Shots

- the BIG shots

Nice melody! You might really want to spread your piano alittle, to widen it up, i wud give it alittle more low freq boost aswell for more feel. You might aswell want to ballance your clap, it confuse the brain that its panned to the left but it's reverb reply is all to the right. Last thing you should tighten up your bass drum to make it stand more out than the bass :)

That is my opinion :)

But nice work! And I really like your guitar/synthlead line!

I'm really new to FP, just started the profile to comment your post, cuz i really saw potential in it :)!

Well, I would love to get some feedback on my song "My Angel" - youtube(dot)com/watch?v=XYevnn4F8rA
I composed the beat, mixed it, wrote the song and recorded the vocals myself.

Regards.
- Alex

Back