Synthpop - Oldschool, where to start?

sambombe

Hi there everyone,

Im new here and this is my first post, so im kind of lost with this tons of information.

Im an amateur music composer/producer and usually i make songs for hobby, to learn, practice composition techniques and have some fun.

I usually compose using oldschool synthpop style (like the 80s synthpop like erasure, depeche mode, etc).

I know that is a long dead style and very few ppl now use this kind of style so im looking for help here to know if there is some place, site, forum where i could exchange experiences, feedback and make collaborations with ppl with the same taste or tendency.

I host my songs on soundcloud (on /savoid sorry could not put a link here, my 1st post): and im still learning how to put all things together and get a good final quality (eq, mastering - this forum have been a great help for me in this topic).

So, in the end, if someone could help me in this regard, where should i go to find ppl composing in this style, i would be very happy!! :angel:

Thank you very much

(if my writing is not 100%, sorry about that, ima portuguese speaker :)))

Regards

Oldschool synthpop is pretty awesome! I checked out some of your music on soundcloud, and it all sounds great! On My Own in particular is rad.

I'm afraid I don't know where you could go to talk to and collaborate with people of a similar style, but I have an interest in that style! I don't create music in any sort of style- I mainly focus on the electronic aspect of it, but if you're interested in checking out some of my music and/or maybe considering a collaboration with a fellow amateur producer, definitely hit me up! :D

You can find my music on soundcloud under romsii_music. I suggest checking out Pawshift! I believe that song might interest you if not a little bit!

Back