First attempt at D&B

ElekTrik

Any feedback is appreciated, especially on the mixing would be helpful :) I was aiming to make jump up D&B but not too sure how it turned out

Last edited:
Too weak, drums are almoust inaudible...allthought it can be made sound good with proper work.

Yeah man you can barely hear the drums, you had to have noticed that...? It's DnB yo so its important that you put alot of emphasis on the D part, and that don't mean just make the drums louder... Make sure you pan the different parts of the drums a lil bit, one over here some, another over there some, and then do somethin to em to make em come alive, theres an infinite amount of ways to do this, you cooould like, use a vst effect like Stardust (one of my fave), a dollop of reverb with a hint of delay maybe, or you could put all them drums into a single track, duplicate that track (instant magic sometimes), and a secret little trick nobody really knows about is moving the duplicated track over like a fraction of a fraction of a second... It does something weird that has something to do with certain frequencies cancelling eachother out or making them stand out or something, and it shifts with each nudge

Definitely got potential tho! You said its your first dnb track, what do you normally fuck around with? And im curious what DAW you use...?

Yeah this is tight but you need to read up on drum layering and the like. This is pretty damn good for a first attempt, I really like the vibe.
This could be sculpted into a good song with some further knowledge.

I think just downloading a drum and bass sample pack and using kicks and snares from that will instantly make the drums better. It almost seems like you have tried to make a dnb drum loop with some soft pop drum sounds.

Also i dont here much of a sub underneath the main synth?

Back