Now this is something different:

Don't know what to think about this one, normally I like ambient sorts of things, but not this one. It sounds a bit like masturbation. It's not bad, it's just not something I want to hear again.

torrential77 said:
Don't know what to think about this one, normally I like ambient sorts of things, but not this one. It sounds a bit like masturbation. It's not bad, it's just not something I want to hear again.

couldn't comment. I'm not a wanker

cool. sounds experimental. I think it would be cool to sample all of those sounds and use them as a set of instruments in fruity - have a complete arrangement from sounds that you made.

Last edited:
not bad.. good to hear some different stuff other than hip-hop/electronic... personally i think you've got to many sounds going on a once... there are some really nice sonics within this piece, maybe it could be stretched out longer and made more minimal...
anyway just a thought

cheers.

hey
i thought this was a cool concept. what did you use for this? it sounded like aliens were landing on earth and trying to tune their radio's to our frequencies. i know this is a bit complicated but i thought it would have been cool to sequence an 808 in a squarepusher-type way and fade it in towards the end of the track.
anyway, nice track.
eyist

calchrn2010 said:
if u want my true opinion, than trash settles it

your beats aren't anything to rave about either.

Anyways cool experimental concept some of the sounds would be nice in certain compositions.

Peace

interesting soundscape...

if you added some glitchy miniumal drums it'd be so cool.. IMO

what did you do this with if you don't mind me asking?

the whitenoise effect was amazing to me. it sounded like a broadcast of an alien transmission pirating the tv airwaves.
the panne scratching noise at around 2 minutes really freaked me out. it sounded like it was outside of the speakers. i kept opening my eyes trying to locate it.

calchrn2010 said:
if u want my true opinion, than trash settles it

This coming from someone who doesnt know what compression is.

I'd be very interested to hear what sounds you could make with just the following: a sine/square/white noise/triangle signal generator. Filters. Amplifiers. Simple controllers.

Thats all I used.

Some people think all music has to have a beat. Sad sad sad people :rolleyes:

PS: Thanks to all those, with some appreciation to musical creation and sound design, who took the time to listen :cheers:

ok, this isn't just a song without a beat (of which i can think of many great examples). it seems to just wander around here and there with no purpose. some of the sounds are interesting in themselves, but the arangement is boring. neither soothing nor exciting. just boring. oh ya, and there was a part about half way through that sounded a lot like harsh clipping. thanks.

heretec said:
ok, this isn't just a song without a beat (of which i can think of many great examples). it seems to just wander around here and there with no purpose. some of the sounds are interesting in themselves, but the arangement is boring. neither soothing nor exciting. just boring. oh ya, and there was a part about half way through that sounded a lot like harsh clipping. thanks.

Nope no clipping.

It may be the synth patch I created, that utilised an FM op genrator in a subtractive synth?

Soundscaping is a very deep thing IMO. I think it takes a great appreciation of music, and a huge understanding of how your gear works, and putting it all together is not Eazy, especially as well as you composed this. Great work here, (and I'm not just saying that).

I think this is some really spooky sh!t, and it makes my butthole titen listening to it.

I initially did the lofi stream, I didn't think it would be worth downloading, but I'm gonna take the time out to d/l this genuine piece of art here, and add it to my IndeArchives.

Nice work Carnage. Look forward to more.

:cheers:

Zer0PointEnergY said:
Soundscaping is a very deep thing IMO. I think it takes a great appreciation of music, and a huge understanding of how your gear works, and putting it all together is not Eazy, especially as well as you composed this. Great work here, (and I'm not just saying that).

I think this is some really spooky sh!t, and it makes my butthole titen listening to it.

I initially did the lofi stream, I didn't think it would be worth downloading, but I'm gonna take the time out to d/l this genuine piece of art here, and add it to my IndeArchives.

man wait till you hear the soundstage abandon the confines of the speaker enclosure to form a truly three dimentional soundscape. if you close your eyes it'll really freak you out for real.

Zer0PointEnergY said:

Thanks ZPE. That comment has given rekindled my faith in FP.

Back