Now this is something different:

hmmm were u lookin fer feedback carnage? mayn this is wierd! i like to see peeps doin they own thing tho...
i dont have an opinion.. well...yes i do i dont like it! lol.. i couldnt finish listening..HOW LONG DOES THAT GO!? haha i stopped at the chopper sound...
tryna give u criticizm without the hostile vibe:) i like the origionality yo but this ****s got me laughin fer REAL.

yall need to quit harmin on dude.

he already said:
Its not a music song/track, but a soundscape

what are you guys expecting? if you look at it for what he is trying to do (create a soundscape! - not trying to make a beat) instead of comparing it to stuff we hear all the time, you might appreciate it some instead of just offering invalid and destructive criticism

I was a bit terse before, I personally am not fond of people pushing keys at random, and calling themselves performance artists. That is a personal preference, and there is no deep reasoning behind it, it's just how I feel about it.

1. To me the track lacks a lot, I will not compare it to other artists who make this sort of music (experimental/ambient), but I will say that it doesn't really do anything musically that hasn't been done before, nor does it stand out from the crowd.

2. Some elements of the track are hard to listen to, and don't make sense in context with other parts of the song, there is no overall feeling of cohesiveness. It's more like many sounds just sort of collided in a mass in the middle and you have some sort of goulag of noises held together by concept alone.

3. Technically good, I like the panning effects alot, I also thought your levels were very good, perhaps some equing on a few of the high noises that hurt my ears.

Try not to take criticizm personally, it's all about learning from other people; I think the comments that point out faults generally help me more than just random positivity followed by a request to review one of my tracks.

torrential77 - you said exactly what i was thinking, but with a cooler head.

i make both ambient/experimental and dancefloor oriented stuff, and to me there is no difference. it's all about making the right sound at the right time. whether or not you choose to work within a framework shouldn't matter.

i get upset when people brag about their type of music being better on principle. to the peeps who think that using a beat or structure means you aren't creative, i ask you, can you deny ever hearing a limeric that you thought was creative? working within a form and being good takes just as much creativity as working without a form and being good, and it's easy to sound bad no matter what you do.

Last edited:
torrential77 said:
I was a bit terse before, I personally am not fond of people pushing keys at random, and calling themselves performance artists. That is a personal preference, and there is no deep reasoning behind it, it's just how I feel about it.

1. To me the track lacks a lot, I will not compare it to other artists who make this sort of music (experimental/ambient), but I will say that it doesn't really do anything musically that hasn't been done before, nor does it stand out from the crowd.

2. Some elements of the track are hard to listen to, and don't make sense in context with other parts of the song, there is no overall feeling of cohesiveness. It's more like many sounds just sort of collided in a mass in the middle and you have some sort of goulag of noises held together by concept alone.

3. Technically good, I like the panning effects alot, I also thought your levels were very good, perhaps some equing on a few of the high noises that hurt my ears.

Try not to take criticizm personally, it's all about learning from other people; I think the comments that point out faults generally help me more than just random positivity followed by a request to review one of my tracks.

Funny.

You can say the EXACT SAME THING about Rap, Electronica, and even Rock.

I was talking about the song, not the genre, reading an article before criticizing someone's opinion helps a lot.

if i understood what you were trying to accomplish i could tell you more, but from what i heard sounds like you made be trying to do the movie ambient thing, if so i truly can hear this in a movie to create the mood for a scene. thats all i could get out of it.

Very cool! At this point, I think it's all about what you do with it (music for video, art installation etc) and what audience you shoot it towards. Maybe a cool idea would be to ask people to remix it?

Back