New Vic Mensa Type Beat (F4F!)

hey dude ,good work,i like your keys the bass and the drums ,they really sound natural !
there's just sometimes i think you melt two keyboards that don't really go together and create dissonance no ?
peace

I like the main melody/sample. Did you play it? The bass line is very very groovy too. The whole tune has a kind of...."hey....is that out of tune? yes? no? idk it sounds good though...." type of thing. I don't think anything is out but it's got like a.....jack in the box toy pitch kind of sound and I don't mean it in a bad way. ***

The switch around 1:20 is very nice. A sudden but buttery smooth transition. I think you could use a fil to go back to the main section around 1:40 though. Nice track and a pretty good mix. I'm only listening on crap speakers and I can still hear the parts so thats good. Nice job!

The part at 2:30 comes in VERY nice with that ride.

Good job with the structure, it's better than I've been able to structure things haha.

*I see the above poster mentioned dissonance and towards the end it was hurting my ears a little. A part of me says it doesnt work and a part of me says it does.

Last edited:
Real Mellow vibe, i like it lot especially the distorted bells (sounds like that to me at least). Well structured, keep that up.

That drum roll was a nice transition.. the main sample/melody sounds great love the simple drums behind it. track is A1 keep it up

Pretty smooth beat keep it up.

Trying adding a soft pad to fill up the empty space in the beat.

with the soft pad you can switch up the WHOLE BEAT.

I'm not sure if it is a sample or something like that but it's kind of a good beat! I have to agree with the other dudes, it sounds like that one of the background key sound is really off note a couple times. I don't that it is because you wanted to have an abstract sound to it or it is what it is by a little mistake. Whichever is that, it's a pretty classic/mellow hip-hop beat, the drum roll pattern sounds pretty realistic and throws the beat up. Also, I'd like to say thank you for visiting my thread! :) I left the FIRST like on the beat :)

This shit is fire bro, i usually just skip around and listen to parts of the beat but this one i sat thru the whole thing cuz i thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep it up.

Hey man thanks for checking mine! As other ppl have said that the part of it sounds kinda weird but it kinda works idk its hard to explain I liked it tho a lot I could def see Chance the Rapper on this

agree with kdanger on the wind chimes or whatever that is in the distance of the background, makes it sound out of tune quite a bit, but the over all melody and instrumentation is really nice. When it switches up on the chorus a lil bit it gives it a very nice and simple transition, the drum rolls are sick and well put together. if it wasn't for whatever is in the background i'd say this was a 10 but i gotta give it a 7 based on that

I have to say, I love this chill feel to it, the vibe to this is ill, definitely ill, good work.
As I'm not a producer I can't give much feedback on anything other than how it sounds and can't really spot any errors.

Sounds really cool, I like the smoothness of the lead vibes, & the drums blended in very well, the switchup around 2:30 was very nice, overall great work!

Hey man I'm digging the track, mastered very well. I think the synths sound nice with that twisted sound good work! Only think I might add is some hats halfway in the intro just to grab that attention. Nice work man!

1st off nice vibe bro ilike but u mess up the melody after the intro but if u take that other melody it might of been real smooth track good vibe nice mix too , i like the drums aswell

Back