New Schoolboy Q Type Beat! (F4F!)

Keep it up. Try remaking a few of your favourite beats. It's a great way of learning new techniques. Also have a look at some articles on compression and eq. If you compres those drums a bit and boost the bass then you could get a really dope groove going.

Have a look at this for inspiration

Hello again YWM :) nice to see you being so active!
Let's have a listen. I like the nice and chill intro. Hmmm.. i think both the kick and the snare could stand out more. I like the eyrie feel this track has to it. That violin melody is also pretty good. Nice and dreamy. I do however feel like this would be even better with a bit more low end.! overall pretty decent track :) keep it up

Return feed here please:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eceive-feedback/just-gets-worse-[f4f]-473469/

i think it has dope factor...I just think you coulda chose a better mid hi melody to string it all together...

The Bassline is killer.
Just some of those melodies don't quite mesh together.

What daw u using?

I like the melody to it, fav part of the beat was the change up at the end. Personally I would add a stronger kick and snare, and probably change the violin sound to a better one alwhile keeping the same melody. The Joey Badass beat u made was nice as well, keep it up

I like the the feel. It needs a stronger kick drum though. I think the snares are fine. Overall solid track. keep it up.

not using any DAWS atm, just starting off with maschine and the sounds included in it

I was wondering because it does seem like you don't have as much flexibility as you would like.
I've never used Maschine but it's supposed to be pretty darn good from what I hear.

So you compose all your tracks in a sequencer on a digital screen?
Does it have piano keys? or is it more of a beatpad?

Can't stress enough how valuable the daw's are, mindblowing...
Try to get using 1 of those....and you can still use maschine with it.

How do you like maschine? do you feel comfortable with it? I've never tried

i have a midi keyboard so i just transfer the sounds in there and try to make something up lol. it has a beatpad.

im comfortable with it at the moment as i started producing with it. still learning tho

cool, yea i always wanted 1 of those but kindof skipped over it.

I love the daw...but I've heard some crazy good tracks come off beatpads!

So If i have any maschine questions your my goto dude lol

im not digging the main melody of this but the sounds you used are real cool, especially the drums.
i like the hook part a lot.
the mix sounds good.

Right on point. Definitely has a School Boy Q vibe. The drop around 1:15 is dope. I assume that's the chorus. Very solid. I would like more bump in the drums. Also, I think there many be a bad not in one of your chords. I could be wrong.

Please provide feedback for my song here.

Thanks.

I like it, I'm actually already following you so I had checked this out ahead of time. Good shit, I recommend working on the mixing more a bit but that's just me, sounds great already. If you could check out my latest song on youtube/soundcloud (the Kingdom Hearts remix) that'd be great, trying to get some exposure for that. Thanks, cheers.

drums need a bit more umph...but thats been stated already...change up at 105 was nice...and i liked how the toms had the stereo effect going, but the sounds overalll sound a bit generic, i read in and earlier reply that ur using a maschine, alright kewl...get on a daw tho man, work on ur sounds, the concept of the song isnt bad, a bit repetitive but it could mostly be on the sounds...keep at it, u got something

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...el-me-p-sign-feat-yj-vasco-renaci-f4f-473545/
thanks

Love the intro to this a lot, the only criticism I have is the kick drum isn't strong enough, I just noticed everyone has already said that haha. It sounds like it's clashing with the bassline though. The bassline is dope so don't change that! Here's my suggestions you can either eq the kick so it has a higher frequency to pull it away from the bassline OR sidechain the kick so that the bassline mutes everytime the kick hits OR just choose a different kick, one with a higher frequency (pitch). I'm not sure if you can achieve that stuff in maschine though, I've never used it.

I wasn't a fan of the intro lead that you started with but it breaks down into something better, I think you just need to change some of the sounds like that Rhode at the verse to some else or it maybe the notes you are playing and I like the Odd Future feeling hook, gather more feedback and go back to the drawing board this beat is dope!

Yo man just returning feedback. I follow you on soundcloud so I'm pretty sure ive heard most of your stuff and left feedback. My problems with this beat are similar to my problems with the other ones. I like what you do with your drums, your mixing is good a lot better than mine. But the sounds you use are off sometimes, like they are on a different beat than your drums. I also think you should use different sounds than you use to fit the mood of your beat. Maybe use some effects? Your on the verge of making some good stuff though. Keep at it.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...new-beat-looking-honest-criticism-f4f-473583/

https://soundcloud.com/flip-keez

Last edited:
I like the many different layers your Schoolboy Q track has. It's very versatile. I think the drums are a bit too pop music like. They aren't fat like most hiphop drums. You could try layering your drums so that they get more body and hit for that uuuuh.. feel. Good job man I like the vibes and the switch ups, it keeps me interested. It shows you have ear for building the structure of a track beat with climax parts and stuff. Not just a 5 min loop. Very important to have. Good job.

first of all, killer track! love the vibe!
I'd use some more chorus on the keys and place them deeper in the mix.
And that bassline... dope!
maybe you can try to make the drumpart somewhat more nostalgic, you know, record (LP)-like.
But when I hear it, I see tight suits, of course brown, really bad, and somewhere behind the XLsunglasses a big afro. Way 70's soul. Cool as hell!!

Back