New R&B Piano

Thanks for the feed man. Liking the piano arrangement. Piano sound could be better but not bad..and bass sounds cheap to me. Drums sound clean but I feel a chuncky kick would do the beat more justice and help add a lil bit of edge to it. The overall composition is good but a lil bland imo. I feel if you had the bassline and drum pattern form a tighter groove it would help tie everything together and make it a lil more infectious lol. I would add some more percs (shakers, bongos ect.) and some cymbals to really spice it up and amp up the emotion and energy.

Not bad at all tho. Keep elevatin man cause you got a good ear for music. Just work on gettin some better sounds and makin the beats groovier (if you will ha, ha...).

Last edited:
wow i gotta say the piano melody is hot, if u made that, more power to u. only thing i could say would maybe to change up the percussion a little. would be hot if there was a nice shaker in there, swap that rimshot out with a nice clap. and if midway through the second loop of the piano melody u hit it with a sick bassline and a nice build up. SH*T WOULD BE ON FIRE.

and no joke, if u have Reason i would love for u to make me a piano melody like that. id throw my ideas into it and we would have a smash (not tryin to sound arrogant). real talk, think about it. i would never do anything with it unless u were cool with it. lemme know if its cool and ill send u my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is cool. the beginning is real cool. not sure about the bass but i almost feel like this go without drums and it could pass as a real slow ballad. not digging the drums though. the melody is cool and the layering you do is cool for it. nice effects. i would just try to work on the drums a little more

Thanks for the feed. Beat sounds cool. real melodic. I agree with them, add a bassier kick and other R&B elements. Right now it sounds like something on a video game or something. no offense, Im just saying that for it to be R&B, it has to sound like other R&B tracks, Thats why we mix and master songs based upon the genre. Hip hop bass kicks hard so we up the levels on it in the mix, where as rock or other alternative music bass is low in the mix. Im sure you have an Idea of all of that. But i still like the track alot. Good work on the keys and nice strings.

i agree, sounds hot needs a few more elements tho.
maybe a shaker 2?

check out the myspace
RnB Track 2 has the florida element from get low
i like how you blended that in there.

Last edited:
I like that rim shot, but your drums are not moving the track. I'm all about live drums on ballad type tracks, so I think you got the right idea. Try looking for a new kick that is bassier, and turn the drums up. It's missing something, but then again I'm pretty sure if someone was on this track with new drums it'd be hot.

i like the concept alot but not your choice of sounds. Like the piano melody was tight but the actual piano sounds was dull and muffled sounding. I would also find a different bass sound and add more to the drums. Unlike the guy above im a huge fan of electronic drums on ballad joint. you just a couple things and you definitely got a hit!

i agree with Moralz..
it could be a ballad without the drums...maybe make it alil slower.

but yea everyone has said pretty much what you should work on....heavier drums, more R&B elements, maybe a better snare (or it could be just for my taste)

but overall not bad!!

--- Return The FeedB...Click The Link In The Signature ---

-Krrpro

Back