New Futureproducer member! (westcoast,gangsta club)

Give me feedback and ill give you! (westcoast,gangsta club)

hello there! (F4F)i have some new beats to show you, i really need some good opinions about my beats!though this place have some experienced producers around and thats what i needbeen watching producers over youtube for some days, but i cant really say i learned something newmy questions to you is : what do i have to improve? i often get "blind" after some hours in the studioyou can find link to my beats in my signature, reverbnation have 3 of my best, feel free to check it out

http://www.reverbnation.com/jaybeatzofficial <---

Last edited:
I like it man it builds up nice, has a nice melody, and im feelin that saw or whatever that is you got goin on there. Good job man keep it up

I went to reverbnation and checked out the tracks. I like the sounds you work with. My main critique is that they feel a little stiff, and don't get my head nodding. The sounds are cool, and the melodies are fun, but the grooves need to be tweaked. They're not that far off though.

Good work.
Does get alittle bit repetitive. I feel like you play your cards out abit too early on this. This can be changed by staggering the layers abit more throughout the beat OR just adding more of a counter melody later on - something that really changes the feel slightly. Keep it up.

dope beat :) I was gonna say it needs some change up but at 0:51 you changed it :P sounds really epic man.. good job.

stadigt beat :p fortsätt, så det lät skit bra. kanske höja rösten för just nu hör man inte vad han säger man hör bara att någon pratar i bakgrunden.

I really like this. Those drums are knockin'.
But isnt that the same piano sample/riff from "still D.R.E"???? If not, it sounds Exactly like it.
You can do better than that homie...

its not the same rift as still dre, first chord are close to the one dre uses, but not the same, also a very common chord in west coast beats, dre uses 3 chords during whole still dre (not dre actually, scott storch) but you get it, listen to still dre, then my beat, not even close =)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

like, if you add 1 key to a chord, youll get a whole other chord, sounding diffrent to the original one, but still simulare

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

i think still dre is in C minor

its not the same rift as still dre, first chord are close to the one dre uses, but not the same, also a very common chord in west coast beats, dre uses 3 chords during whole still dre (not dre actually, scott storch) but you get it, listen to still dre, then my beat, not even close =)

I did, before i posted, to be sure I was quoting the right song :D.
The pitch may be different, but the timbre, attack, I chord, and rhythm is practically identical.
Im talking about 0.50 sec and on...
And I get that its somewhat common, but why be common?
JMHO.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Funny, my bass player calls 'em "rifts" as well. We love to give him a hard time for it :D

its not same chords progression, but i know what your saying :) its close, but not the same, every major west coast hit with piano in it, uses chords thats close to eachother, all minor chords, with the same "sad" sound.

also to get that "real piano" - feeling , you make every note in the chords a bit off-beat, and change the latency on every key, that creates a sound that remindes of still dre, and the rhythm is basic west coat.

haha i know im sounding like " I DIDNT COPY THAT SONG" but youre still right, it reminds alot about still dre in a way but in another way not =)

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

why be common? i like doing westcoast music, and somehow you have to follow certain patterns, as scales and chords to create that sound =)

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

riffs= a group of chords playing in a certain way

Back