New Chance The Rapper Type Beat (F4F!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the feed fam! the beat is really nice and relaxed. I really liekd the bassline and those rhode/organ notes. I felt like the snare could be layer with something else to give it some chunk, but its not really that bad without it. Kick sits back nicely, its not overly punch and it goes with the relaxed vibe. overall good job mixing someone could have drop science on this

Crazy laid back man, I'm digging this, your work is always good. I think the snare is dope maybe just needs a little more body to it but other than that the track is nice good work.

Feedback?

Thanks for the feedback!

- Rhodes are nice but i think you could add some more reverb on it and cut a little off the low end
- The drum pattern/sound selection is good
- I think the bassline is too loud and clashes with the low end of the rhodes too much (i think?)
- I think the instrumentation is pretty on point i just feel the overall mix could be better

This is like badass lift music with a jammin' beat lain over it, ha. Mmm, yeah... Sweet . . . soul . . . brotherrrrr. Yeah, I'm a cool cat. Scoobidy, yo.

Anyway yeah, I can imagine a sexy motown diva singing her soul out over it, Delfonics style even. Thanks for sharing; cool as a MFing cucumber. It reminds me kinda of a song called "Room Full of Mirrors" by Hiroshima.

Cheers for the feedback!

Last edited:
Hye guys came up with a new beat earlier today

Anny feedback to improve on the beat will be appreciated and returned when i get the time to!
Be sure to listen in 720p!

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIqio14kUow

Thanks

Love the keys and brass intro. Drums are lovely as usual. Wish there was more variety in the chord progressions during the verse for the keys, but they are played well. Always a fan of the ride during your choruses and the melody is smooth, but it sounds very similar to the verse. This would work well together as an overall laid back beat with the similar sounding verses and melody if there was at least a bridge to switch up the melody. Overall, a very smooth jam that you gotta roll the windows down for while driving on 95 at night! Great outro too with the keys, bass and that crash.

There you go again with that chill shit. I said it before im pretty sure but your a lot better now. The bass rides its just a bit too loud in the mix. I feel like a more piano-y sound would sound better for the melody in a lot of your beats. Try it out sometime. Thanks for the feed my man.

I hear badass on this one , this joint go real smooth breh . Mix is well done as usual . dig all the instruments and composition . Drum are tight to .

Great track averall keep up the good work man .

Greetings there.

Nice work here. I'm liking that acoustic bass and the overall "under street light" feel this presents. I think the rhodes could use a little more clarity, but this is all good work. Keep it going.

- TTT

I can definitely see chance over something like this. The upright bass sounds really nice too. I do think you could use a lil something to seperate the chorus. Sounds like you added strings but there should be a different type of instrument that really grabs you. Maybe a horn sample or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back