My first and last attempt at "DUBSTEP"

iLLwave

Cosmic Auditory Scientist
So I made this track about a year ago and vowed never to try and make generic dubstep again. I like blending genres but this was the closest I've came to what people call "dubstep." I had fun making robot sounds and whatever but it's not produced very well...and it's not exactly dubstep tempo but whatever.

Check it out and peep my newer stuff on my soundcloud.

Peace & Love!

:monkey:

Last edited:
To generic...also it sounds way to bassy...like there is something wrong with the low end sound of the synthesizers or instrument.

If you had read my post you would have gathered that I was going for a generic feel. But yeah the bass sounds are sketchy, this was before I started using a high pass filter to cut out the muddy lows and add a sub bass underneath. But thanks anyways.

I actually kinda like it. It is simple and pretty generic, but it's got a good feel to it. I like how it flows and I think you've hit on all of the basic elements. Sure, you could pretty it up a bit, but sometimes simple is better, right?

You can call it dubstep or hiphop or whatever, I like it too.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

By the way, the beat in your signature is tight. I like the incorporation of the indian drums into the beat! Took my idea :p

Thank you good sir.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

bbuummpp

im diggin this too, it might sound generic, but still unique in its own way. An eq would fix the bass. I wonder what else you make, ill follow u on cloud

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

dude what happened to bugs n sky audio. 0.0

im diggin this too, it might sound generic, but still unique in its own way. An eq would fix the bass. I wonder what else you make, ill follow u on cloud

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

dude what happened to bugs n sky audio. 0.0

iLLwave's the new deal haha. Thanks for the follow and the listen.

Uppity-up!

---------- Post added 03-13-2012 at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-12-2012 at 09:02 PM ----------

Bump???

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Ah this site is getting WEAK!

Haha I don't know. Every time I make a track I usually get sick of it after a day.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

One last bump.

Back