My best yet

SLonthetrack

I've been writing a lot of crap lately, and have been wondering if I would get off that plateau or not. Still need more improvements on drum patterns. Biggie sample from "Gimme the Loot". No key changes, just a 1 bar bridge. I think the piano arpeggio works enough for variation.

www.soundclick.com/SLonthetrack
"Muthaf-ckin' Right!" is the track.

FB returned, or course.
Thanks FP.

Last edited:
Damn nice track..
Mix sound really good through these headphones.. Too early to be crankin the monitors up right now.
Only thing I'd say is check the break that happens around :50 cause for some reason it seems off to me a little.
I would've added more sampled vocals than just the 2 words and tryed mxing the vocals in a little better.
Other than that though you got somethin. Props.

Yes, I stuttered that snare timed to a triplet so it would be off on pupose. I did have a few different hooks with the sample more complex - but I never loved any of them.

Thanks for checking it out.

If that's what you were lookin for stick with it then cause it's not bad as is.
Any time man.

****ing sick beat man
love the brass, the drums are good but i think u shud have a clap in there some where and use a weaker snare

I do have a few bars with just a clap. Yeah, I have that snare punched pretty hard, but it's truncated so I was hoping that would make it work. I'll revisit that. I have the 2nd and 4th snare hits in some measures doubled with a clap - but I see now it's not audible.

Thank you both for the feedback.

(That's my dream girl from Akon/Snoop "I Wanna Love You" video)

Last edited:
Brass sound is quality... A lot of people end up putting cheezy samples in their tracks, this one's good. Drums and perc are on point... Biggie sample was used very well... Once you get some vocals on it though the sample might have to be put back in the mix a little bit. The beat stutter threw me off a bit but I bet with the right rapper it could be matched up right. Track is HARD. One of the better productions I've heard on this site. If you get some vocals on it could you repost it? I'd be interested to see what they did with it. If you're not going to post it, you should let me send it to a couple rappers I know would KILL this track. Let me know.

itzdlo: What happened to your page bruh? - don't know what you mean. I hardly ever sample, so there's not much experience there.

Zacobe: Thank you a lot! PM sent.

SL, thanks for the fb on my track.
Well dude I like the production on this no doubt, can't find a real criticism as far as mixing. This would go well as some type of intro music for a boxer or a a fight in a movie... haha props.

whats good i like the brass i don't like the vocal sample
drums hit pretty hard im not feeling that snare i think you should use a tighter sounding snare that one has to much reverb on it overall good beat i would deff take out that vocal tho peace

I'm not married to the vocal sample, but the artist will use it as his punchline in the hook - if it doesn't work no big deal. I have the snare w reverb on 2 measures in certain parts, then it's such a low reverb the rest of the track it's bareley noticeable - i wanted the change. That snare is really an emulation of a lex lugar snare - which was my goal.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's solid, I liked the vocal sample. It seems to be more of a chant than a hook IMO, which is a good thing. Dope drumwork And I dig the break at :50 and most of the breaks except for the one at :21 & 1:22.

I think you could've went a different route with your choice of notes on that break. I like the high note at the conclusion of the break at exactly :26, the one that slides at the end, so I can see what you were doing with it, but the part right before it just sounds corny to me and doesn't fit the tone of the track. The whole beat sounds hard until that specific break comes in.

Ay but that's just me I dunno an artist could feel it.
And don't get me wrong overall the production is dope but I figured you might understand the point I'm trying to make if a write a huge ass paragraph.

Good Luck Fam

Yes, I completely understand. I will play with that bridge.

Thank you for the specific feedback, my artist said something wasn't right there, too - I thought he was nuts. Imma work on that.

on my track: its actually the third track off the mixtape the begining is the tail off the track before it to show how it blends in then goes into a little skit section bout pulling up to the club bout to do a show yanno? lol

now for your track: this track is hot tho i see ross or lil capp on this easy the change ups keep the track fresh throughout the whole track only thing i would do different is put a background melody in to fill space but thats just personal preference i would love to see this track on a mixtape

Back