My Best Work Ever!!

Zacobe

Obe1Cannoli
I recently switched to Pro Tools for the better editing plugins and this is the first track that I've done with it. It took a few days and this is the first mix of it I've done but it's not too shabby. I think this is the best track I've ever done. Click on my Myspace link below and listen to the song called "LifeLine", it should be the first one. I give detailed feedback so I would appreciate the same.

www.myspace.com/obe1canole
(Myspace degrades the quality of my music so bad, but you'll get a general idea of what's going on:)

Last edited:
damn fam, the beginning had me going..but when the kick hit i wasnt feeling the clap and the vibe right after..thought it was gonna be some super epic sound but it was sorta cut in half. i love the sounds though. The snare fills are pretty cool. but sometimes it sounded like you just placed it in there for no reason. I can't really tell about the mixing..because sound quality is VERY low..

i checked your other tracks and damn they are banging. i just can't judge on the mix properly..

^^i was thinking the same thing. after that intro i was expecting something to hit me like DAMN thats sick.. but as you said it was only kind of halfway. i still like it, it has a nice harmony and vibe. i feel the drums are a bit too lazy if this is gonna be banging.. they're alright during the verse parts, but maybe switch it up during the hook? i also agree about the snares, they sound like some hihats

hit me back
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311666

Damn.. I appreciate your guys' honesty.. but I thought that the instruments came in pretty hard after the intro.. Is there not enough instruments?? Is it just the pattern of them? As far as the snares, yeah I think I may have them in there too much.. but I felt like without them at certain times it felt like not enough.. and I didn't want to put other sounds in there bc I was saving them for the hook.. anyways, guess I gotta go back to the drawing board. Thanks for your honesty though, it's definitely what I need.

just checking out tracks.. I think a couple things.. first the hooky part of the hook synth needs to be used as a fill during the verse not a lot but at least once, and the drums needs a little more aggression IMO.. just letting you know what I think.. not bad, but I really feel like the momentum changes after the drums come in..
keep it up..

hit me up if your bored
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311117

Damn.. I appreciate your guys' honesty.. but I thought that the instruments came in pretty hard after the intro.. Is there not enough instruments?? Is it just the pattern of them? As far as the snares, yeah I think I may have them in there too much.. but I felt like without them at certain times it felt like not enough.. and I didn't want to put other sounds in there bc I was saving them for the hook.. anyways, guess I gotta go back to the drawing board. Thanks for your honesty though, it's definitely what I need.

I don't know, but try adding some fast hats and heavier drums then take it from there

hey the music is nice, i wouldn't change anything except replacing the bass drum to give it that boom kind of feel. nice job man!!!

Hey man just checked out your mix, I agree with the first poster the Kick wasn't hittin like it should. Overall I feel like the drums are definitely sitting behind the rest of the mix. As for the rest of the instrumentation I feel like the EQ on them is good but they need to be warmer or compressed. Just my opinions tho dope track.

I agree with the above posters. You need more layers. That probably sounds crazy to you, but it does sound like its missing some things. Keep it up.

I hate for my feed to sound like a broken record, but i agree with the others, the melody sounded like when the beat dropped it was gonna be epic...but the drums didnt match the dopeness of the synths. The clap sounds cheap. The kick sounds like a stock sound too. The snare rolls sounded good though. But to work on getting better with patterning kickdrums for a dirty southern track, listen to a beat by The Runners & try to do what they do with their drums. That has helped me with getting my drum patterns for southern tracks sounding good.

To me... on this track the instruments are nice during the hook, you need to place some instruments from the hook in the verse at some points. Another thing you can do is use heavier drums. stack that clap and kick or compress it a little more. One last thing you can do to give the song more energy is add a faster hi hat (double the speed you are using) and interchange it alternately wit da hats u already got. U got Some potential wit this one!

Thanks a lot for your comments. I really wish you all could hear the WAV version, WAY cleaner. I can never seem to get the kick right whether it be the actual sound or pattern.. I don't have anything good to monitor bass with.. I tried really hard to get a nice thump but it just ain't workin. I mean I EQ'd it, compressed it, used an enhancer to thicken it.. just not gettin it yet. The clap is layered by the way, a LOT. Even sent it to a couple bus tracks for stereo delay. I hope the reason some of you think the mix is off is bc of the horrible Myspace quality bc I spend hours doing it and I thought I got good stereo field position for the instruments so they didnt hide.. also did some notch EQing where needed. There's only 2 instruements that are in the hook that aren't in the verse and they all sound too "hook" like to put in the verses.. but I'll go back and try again. Thanks again yall for bringing to light the stuff I don't see bc it's my track. Back to the drawing board

Back