JOEYTUNEZ.COM *New Tracks*

joey tunez

Subliminalz Music Team
1682947-celty_default_large.png

Tunez Tunes | joeytunez

Last edited:
all the ones on the top in the "Tunez Tunes" folder.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

except for money gram. i put that up before with a different mix.

Man I wish!

I Think 1 - 5 might get picked up by a library.
If you see those dissapear in the next few days you know what happened lol.

Really just a case of first come first serve.

Well usually when i make something for artist its something that I either made specifically for them (more now than before)
or something that they were in the room when i made it. I noticed i had a lot better chance of getting them something because i know instantly if im heading in the right direction or not.

I put these out there for everyone to see but the library is the first one to bite.

"you cant win" That shit fye. I'm no mixing export or nothing so all i can say is let it build before all the fye shit drops.

the library came at you w/ compensation before the artists did?

yeah i have better relationships with library and licensing people because i have made a few friends at some confrenses. they check my page pretty actively and i have an account with my main one and have gotten some pretty good feedback/buys.

artist mainly look at my page not so much to see what i got but to see what i can do. they may like a beat but because they know anybody can see it, don't want it cause it would be the karrine steffans of beats.

so they hit me up and say "hey, i seen you did [enter beat here] so can you make me a beat that sounds like [enter description]".

@stanroyyy - THANKS! and i agree, I usuaslly like to let to let them build but i was trying something new, i heard on NPR that music executives want to be grabbed by the full song in the first 5 - 7 seconds of the song. some of them it worked better than others.

so they just got one,
and i gotta make four more of that same vein.
the other four are up for grabs.

From what I just heard you got some bangers! The first one sounds like it's missing a few sounds... like a some pad or string chords in the background, or even a heavy synth with a lead for example. The kicks can use a bit of EQing too, try rolling off some of the lows and cut out most of the highs to get the most low end from the kick. It also help to do a slight boost on the kick too, to give it that extra 'thump' (only when needed). The best thing to do is do a frequency sweep through the kick and any parts that sound annoying or is not needed, do a EQ cut. You'll definitely hear the difference and see what I'm talking about. Of course these are just suggestions to help improve, you got skills overall! Hope this helps. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-feedback/new-beat-no-more-games-f4f-383204/

@ TIS - hey man thanks! thats some useful info about the eq'ing and it is definently something i have found myself "getting lazy" on for sake of finishing things on time. (not a good excuse lol). i've been focusing too much on boosting and not enough on cutting. I've also been using battery's built in eq's but will soon be focusing more on this new secret weapon i got my hands on.....
your totally right about the first one missing a sound to really give it that "umph" i may go back and toy with that one a lil more.

@alxgry - LOL! naw i mean a music library.
tv shows don't have the time (and for most cable shows the budget) to get well known music for every moment or ot hire a person to do the score. So they pull from "libraries" of music to help fit moods and scenes. for urban music i would say some of the best examples would be all the new "such and such wife" reality shows we all see on vh1. watch when they are in the "confessional" scenes of the reality show or when there is a brief splice scene showing the girls shopping or something. that urban song in the background is from some music library and someone just got paid! lol

Back