How could i make this Frank Ocean style beat any better? F4F

I like the pad chords, really smooth feel. Snare could be different though? Maybe add some reverb to it? I dunno, good beat anyways! Keep pushing!

That snare's possibly a bit to harsh. Try taking some of the high end frequency by using parametric 2 or another EQ vst. I try adding some lyrics to it too. You can just rip some from the youtube or download elsewhere if needed.

Thanks for the feed man! That's good advice. I'll put an acapella on top and see how the snare sounds then. You might be right about it being slightly too harsh!

Love the intro, real smoothness. Nice chords, pads are real nice in my opinion.
Kick fits well, not too much character which does well in this track, kinda subtle. I have to agree with Delta about the snare. And I'd lower the hats just a little, think they are quite too loud as it is now.

Overall a real smooth and nice instrumental! Nice.

Would love some feedback on this: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ed-vision-illl-dope-guitars-feed-feed-401986/

great instrumentation. the pads and lead sound angelic...exactly in the vain of Frank Ocean. Drums, as it has been said, are what's throwing it off. that kick is too punchy. I would use something a little more ambient...but I put ambience on damn near everything so don't listen to me lol. The snare is okay to me...it just needs to be tweaked a little. the snare from Drake "Successful" is what I'm envisioning for it. Check out my new posting when you get a chance!

The Journey by FridayBeatz on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thank you for the feedback! I'm gonna sort out the kick, see if i can scoop some of the excess frequencies. Haha funny you mention drake's succesfull snare. That was kind of a reference point, though i did it off of the top of my head so i guess i'll have a good listen and see what i can improve on mine! I'ma check out your beat now :)

I like this, you were spot on when you said it was Frank Ocean style. I agree with everything else mentioned. The kick is a little too much. I'd maybe look at something with less mid-range. The pads are straight, love the ambience. It could be me, but it sounds like the pads and the bassline are fighting a little bit. Maybe throw an EQ on the pads and take out a little bit of the low end or wherever the bassline and pads are clashing. And yes, some reverb on the snare would make it really ring. Like mentioned, the snare from Successful would work, its just a simple 808 snare. I would mess around with it and throw some reverb on it but if you use the current snare, maybe EQ a little of the high end out of it but I'd see how it sounds with the reverb on it first. Overall, its a dope track and I can easily imagine Ocean crooning on this one.

Thanks Gonz! Yeah i had the same feeling about the pads and the bass. I already cut the very low frequencies off of the pads, but the rest of the lows seemed to be nescessary to maintain the pads' warmth. I agree with you though that it's pretty crowded at the low end haha. As far as the drums, I'm definitely gonna tweak those a bit. Thanks again bro!

nice smooth atmosphere setting and instruments picking, pad and electro oboe are on the right point ! but the verse part, I think you can add more instruments, like guitar or some electro sound, or make some works on drum setting, to let it be more rich/full to ear. btw i love yr work! keep going.:cool:

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Also, i d subbed your youtube channal

by www.youtube.com/ga3music

Back