Hobby beatmaker! Would really appreciate feedback on my beats

G

geraldmiles

Beats on a budget type stuff would really appreciate constructive feeedback :)

Thanks

G

Oh yeah, cool to hear a bit of jazz feel with some groovy beats. Good choice of samples. The three songs sounds more like a loop extended but there is a great potential here. My criticism would mainly focus on the quality of the sound. It's not that bad, just a bit flat and muddy. Could be a bit more punchy in brightness and the backing sounds (behind the drum and the bass) needs more presence I think, maybe wider in stereo, a bit louder and why not a chorus.
I enjoyed anyway. Superb atmosphere.

My last song here :
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ic-give-receive-feedback/stoned-disco-398015/

Nicely done. Like the vibe of the tracks, they have a nice grit to them, but I'm wondering what you used to produce, as said already the mixes are kinda muddy. I get the idea this stuff is coming off an ASR or something. The mix of the second track is cool, but the other to could use some retouching.

The beats themself are hot, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about the quality of the mix, an engineer can fix that in minutes, so it's not gonna be a dealbreaker with anyone who wants to use a track.

I definitely like the seamy sound of the first 2 tracks, and enjoyed them. I think that "muddy" sound the others are referring to actually works in your favor for these tracks.

Sorry - not really feeling the 3rd track. I just can't get a grip on the beatline, if that makes any sense. Maybe it's just personal preference.

Nicely done. Like the vibe of the tracks, they have a nice grit to them, but I'm wondering what you used to produce, as said already the mixes are kinda muddy. I get the idea this stuff is coming off an ASR or something. The mix of the second track is cool, but the other to could use some retouching.

The beats themself are hot, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about the quality of the mix, an engineer can fix that in minutes, so it's not gonna be a dealbreaker with anyone who wants to use a track.

Thanks for the feedback. I mostly use an SP 505. I used to use an MPC, but that's back at home because i'm at university. I'm skint as well because of this so it's cheap ass headphones at the moment.

I'm diggin these! the quality might be muddy, but the feel and flow are there. I like em man

Thanks. I'm eventually gonna get back to em and clean some of them up a bit eventually when I can find time.

Back