Higher by YJ Vasco F4F

Status
Not open for further replies.

yjvasco

another track i made...im on the beat and thats me rapping...let me know what u guys think, thanks....as always ill reply as soon as i get the chance, and return feed

I like the beat, but rapping doesn't stand out. Using some compression there might help. And more emotion. Try getting the text a little better in sync with the beat, it's off in some places ;)

Oh shit I thought this was about to come on...Lol

Anyway. I didnt like them "high" leads on the chorus. Overall the track is ok. Practice makes perfect as far as the beats and the rhymes.

haha, ur not the first person to say that, and that was where i got my inspiration for the beat, so i guess that worked out...but yeah for sure...gotta keep working on myself, question tho, what didnt u like about the synth?

haha, ur not the first person to say that, and that was where i got my inspiration for the beat, so i guess that worked out...but yeah for sure...gotta keep working on myself, question tho, what didnt u like about the synth?

It was the high pitched lead. The other synths were fine. The high pitched one during the chorus imo sounds cheap and was too harsh. I would replace it with a bassline. You got plenty of "lighter" sounds already. That's my opinion.

EDIT- Matter of fact listen to that LL joint again, and check how the Trackmasters brought in the bassline. Not saying you need the same bassline, just dig on the technique tho.

Last edited:
for sure, thanks...yeah, i get what ur saying...i only asked becuz i really liked that sound, haha...but i could see how to much on the light could affect a track...i checked out what u were talking about, the bassline on "doin' it" it gives it a nice bounce...thanks for the heads up and lookin out, appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back