Flowers (self produced, original song.)

Ok first of all, i like it! It fits the vocals really well.

Some comments: The drums are too far away imo. I would get them more to the foreground and really make the kick kick and the snare snap. I like the trumpet layer, but i'm not sure if i would keep it through out the whole song. You've got some beautiful layers in the background that are lost due to the trumpet and it also distracts me too much from the vocals. Maybe throw a filter on top for 16 bars every now and then, cutting out the highs? And i dont like the crazy chick crowd going in and out haha, but thats just my preference.

word, that makes sense, appreciate the feedback bro, im gonna work on some of the things you said. as far as the crowd? its part of the sample so maybe i can EQ it out, maybe not lmao. thanks again

Whats good fam. This is DOPE. I love the instrumental, and I love the vocals as well. Sounds like some good ol hjip hop to me. Not much to complain about here. I love the whole song, its just GOOD music and theres no arguing with that. However, I would try to mix those vocals down a little bit better, but thats a minor suggestion. Everythings flows, you just gotta mix the vocals down and maybe compress the vocals and the beat so everything punches together. Good job fam. Keep makin good music, dlo.

word, appreciate that alot dlo. and yea, mixing is where im really having the most difficulty right now, but im learning more everyday and constantly trying to progress because i know how important a good sounding mix is in music. when you say compress the vocals and the beat do you mean to throw a compressor on the master track?

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

realjfresh - thanks homie, i been rappin seriously since the winter of 2011, but i've been recording since like 2006 as a hobby with friends

man thats soulful. good record. the sax compliments the vocals nicely. its already been said about the kick and snare....but thats a dope record. one i wouldnt mind listening to multiple times

word appreciate that yall, gonna work on getting a better mix on my projects. ill try to post something new in the next few weeks

Back