First Sample Beat! Fans of Ab-Soul Come Here! F4F!!

Hitman8429

Hitman
ELO - Tightrope (Remix by Hangar13 Productions) by Hangar13Productions on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I finally decided to try and sample a song and make a beat from it. I chose an old LP I have from 1976. It's by Electric Light Orchestra. The song is called Tightrope. I recorded it using my old record player, pro tools 10, and a sennheiser mic. Then I chopped it all up in FL Studio and made a beat with it. I did this about a month ago or maybe even longer.

Now if you're familiar with Ab-Soul and his new album Control System then I'm sure you've heard Track Two. It's a sampled beat. What sample did this producer use? Yea.. tightrope..... by ELO. Lets just say I shit my pants a litte and I still can't believe it. I chose one of my many many records and chose that song. I even made it weeks before the album dropped. I want to know how that happens. It's like the most random song from the 70's. Most of you probably haven't even heard of it. Anyway hope you like it. I personally think it's more creative than the control system version. ALSO, THIS IS NOT TO BASH AB-SOUL. Just the crappy producer TaeBeatz or whatever his stupid name is. I want to know how he discovered the song. I almost want to think he got the idea from me. Blows my mind...
:hmmm:

ELO - Tightrope (Remix by Hangar13 Productions) by Hangar13Productions on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Last edited:
i think the sample is dope. and as for your first sample beat its not all that bad. i thought the chops on the intro was going to turn into loops after the beat dropped...boy was i wrong lol.

Hahaha thanks man! I appreciate it. And yea since I was learning more and more as the beat went on, it kinda keeps getting better and better.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

bumpp...

yo that choir that comes in is fresh yo. and that fast string that comes in an out. head my head bobbin fo sho. tight work bruh!

Hitman8429,

I checked out your track "Elo- Tightrope". That sample you chose is wicked! I like how you kept it moving and didn't just loop it straight through! I suggest you add some reverb to the sample and try to put it in it's own space and maybe make the track wider. The track seemed very mono to me.

Overall this tracks is very nice!

Check out my post and give feedback when you get a chance.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eam-r-b-track-[all-feedback-returned]-405968/

- the BIG shots

why do i always stay up this late??....

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

returning feed when i wake up!

it's a cool beat, I liked the sample, and like others said, the chops got better as the song went on... I didn't really like the drums to be honest (mostly the snare), but others seem to like them, so it's no big deal... keep it up

Thank you guys! I appreciate all of your opinions. Feed has been returned!

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

bump...

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Oh and I know that the mix is kinda shitty. I didn't take a lot of time out to EQ and master everything. Especially the drums. It takes sooooo long. Also, the record I recorded(live) is in pretty bad shape so it doesn't sound amazing. Just know that I didn't sample an mp3 file lol. Recorded it straight from the vinyl with a mic.

thought the hi hats sounds a bit too clinky at times like they're clashing very slightly with something. beat could do with some bass going on throughout to link everything together and maybe a pad or slowed down reverbed and delayed sample as well. the chops are really sweet but i think the disjointedness would be better used more sparsely, like the beginning goes on a bit too long sounding empty. the clicks are great and as you said it gets better as the track goes along. i really enjoyed the overall vibe, it's dramatic without sounding corny, well done!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...gs-off-mix-feedback-returned-promptly-405997/

the samples sounds really thin.. I dont like the mix..

i like the chops and drums..

so beat is cool, soundquality can get an upgrade..

This is a good job for it being your first sample beat!!! (way better than my first time) The audio of the sample is pretty mono so to improve that I suggest you use Soundgoodizer which is supplied in FL Studio. Using that will give the sample more presence on the track.

Thank you all!! Especially flii kydd for recommending soundgoodizer for the actual sample. Never even thought to use it! Brilliant. Gimme me some time to return everyone's feed.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Feed returned! Also, have any of you heard "Track Two" off of Control System by Ab-Soul?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

bumpp...

this is cool for ur first atempt at it man, sounds alot better than i did lol, keep it coming yo! nice sample by the way!

Unfortunately sampling has never been my thing but this sound good bro for first time. I like all the variations of chops/samples.

Yea I'm not a fan of it either. I prefer composing over sampling any day. Takes more talent IMO. But.. I love the song I sampled and I have the stuff to do it so i said why not lol.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

bump...

Back