Thoughts on track?

My own assumptions is that there's slightly too much bottom end which I've altered in the master already but cba to upload the track again, so apart from that. :)

I really dig this track, it's got a lot of feels to it. I also love the sound design of the wind instruments as well as the melody.

The only little thing I'd change is the way you introduced the flute at 1:09, I felt it's a tad bit too loud and unexpected. But that's just me. Other than that, it's all really well done. Overall, a really good track, keep it up and best of luck with your future productions :)

Last edited:
The bottom end does overpower the higher end, so I might add something like a Soundgoodizer or EQ the track so the higher end has a chance to shine. One other thing I would change in the song is that I felt the drums were too synthetic. Switching them out for a more organic drum set could improve the experience.

Overall, I enjoyed your work. Keep it up!

I really dig this track, it's got a lot of feels to it. I also love the sound design of the wind instruments as well as the melody.

The only little thing I'd change is the way you introduced the flute at 1:09, I felt it's a tad bit too loud and unexpected. But that's just me. Other than that, it's all really well done. Overall, a really good track, keep it up and best of luck with your future productions :)

Thank you! I have a new track up on my SC already. I feel fine about the flute, but obviously I know it's there. :D

The bottom end does overpower the higher end, so I might add something like a Soundgoodizer or EQ the track so the higher end has a chance to shine. One other thing I would change in the song is that I felt the drums were too synthetic. Switching them out for a more organic drum set could improve the experience.

Overall, I enjoyed your work. Keep it up!

Yeah I'd already EQed the track after uploading this version so it sounds a little more balanced on my end. I may have a look into that Soundgoodizer though. Always on the look out for more content!

Last edited:
"Bum bum bum, buh bum bum"

Man the sustained tension was starting to give me ear fatigue from hearing it for several minutes but I'm glad the song fell off a cliff towards the end with the serene ending.

When I hear songs that are abstract to the listener like these, I like to remember it with a hook of sorts or something else that's catchy. Without knowing anything else about this song it comes off as a tv theme or a battle theme in slow motion like from anime, hence the ear fatigue. Depends on the situation.

In this particular song, I would have like to hear some more unexpected turns that help tell the story of what ever story you want the song to tell. The song felt predictable in the sense that you telegraph buildups and build downs. How many songs have we heard that do the same thing?

Hans Zimmer says in his Masterclass that the primary philosophy of all of his music is to tell a story. And if his music tells the same story of saving the world or some battle we have all heard of, then it's too deja vu for us.

What are the twists and turns that makes your tune stand out from something we have never heard before? Those are the questions to ask.

The instrumentation and ambience from the outset is outstanding and I would use this track in a video game or perhaps an overworked world type theme no doubt. Overall I enjoyed it. Keep it up.

i feel like the drums are buried a bit too much over everything but other than that this would work great in a videogame or movie. nice work

Back