Thread: Another Epic Composition of Mine

Thanks

Another Epic Composition of Mine

Sign in to disable this ad
    It's been quite a while since I've posted a song on the Future Producers forum, so I'm going to post my latest epic composition.
    Here's a Youtube link to it:

YouTube

Feedback is always appreciated! :)

Thanks
    Nice work! Some tips I would add is to make the brass a lot more present in the mix (Such as at 0:56). Getting that big brass sound is crucial for epic compositions. I also might add more to the bass and add a sub-bass if you haven't already.

When the choir comes in at 1:37, I really got the feeling that I was in an grand battle. It reminds me of one of the Final Fantasy boss themes, so you've certainly done your getting the choir right. You also do a spectacular job splitting up the pacing of the song. It is not all in your face as some composers might have done. Overall, I enjoyed your piece a great deal and I also believe that this is your best work so far.
    Alec Weesner | Video-Game Composer
    www.alecweesner.com | alec.weesner@gmail.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you very much for your feedback! I definitely agree with you in regards to both the brass and the bass. The reason why the bass was so weak was because I messed up the reverb and stereo panning plugins really badly, and I rendered the piece as finished after working for 10 hours straight. What I should've done was let my ears rest and listen to the piece again to be able to detect them.

Anyways, really glad you liked the piece!
    The Epic Composer

Thread Information