Feedback on my kicks please!

Hey :)

A friend of mine said they wouldn't sound that good. I mean, I know that they laggin sub and dont sound like other kicks in my genre. But I like how they sound.

What do you think? Are there any "laws" how a kick should sound (how you should mix them?)

For example:

Thank you!

Last edited:
Always go with what you like, and not what others don't think sounds "right". I personally think they fit well with the rest of the beats, so your kick selection is actually perfect. Keep doing what you do, those beats are fire
Followed you on SC :)

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not crazy about the kick or the snare. The beat seems a little heavy-handed for those instruments, like the mix is out of balance. But that's just me, I like the sounds though, I could def hear some rapid-fire rapping over that track.

Check out my track when you get a chance:

https://soundcloud.com/tonyp145/jiggle

Thanks.

T

Very good kicks!
On the 1st track, it would be better to cut off the relsease of it a little more (the last piece with really low frequencies) because it sounds like it's conflicting with the melody.
On the 2nd track, just a little less midrange (-3 dB?) would make them even better. :)

I think you can bring the strings more into your mix. For the drums, use your ears. If you like the sound of it, there are no rules.
Maybe it can use a layer of sub

Back