F4F - New R&B Beat - RHODES UNTRAVELLED

All in all this a smooth beat for sure man, I like the mellow vibe set by that pad and the drums were mixed pretty well. I feel it was repetitive, maybe throw a trailing melody in the background? Overall good job fam

First off - already a huge fan of the rhodes and the name of the track. I'm a piano player also, so these are the kind of beats I gravitate to and not that basic trap mess I'm always hearing LOL! Like the chord progression of the rhodes and the accompaniments, but I wish I heard some bass, maybe slap, and some additional instruments, maybe strings or horns. Are you on Soundcloud cuz I'm already tryna follow you and hear more joints. Good job and power to the musicians that don't only need a DAW!

First off - already a huge fan of the rhodes and the name of the track. I'm a piano player also, so these are the kind of beats I gravitate to and not that basic trap mess I'm always hearing LOL! Like the chord progression of the rhodes and the accompaniments, but I wish I heard some bass, maybe slap, and some additional instruments, maybe strings or horns. Are you on Soundcloud cuz I'm already tryna follow you and hear more joints. Good job and power to the musicians that don't only need a DAW!

Hahah thanks man appreciate it! I ran out of room on my Soundcloud so I moved to Bandcamp, but I just made a new soundcloud. Soundcloud.com/vectrino Enjoy!

the instruments are fantastic, really enjoyed the melodies and range of sounds used. however, the drums are a bit of a let down, the drum sounds aren't great (that open hi hat sounds is extremely tacky) and don't do the instruments justice. good work but could be so much better.

I love that you're featuring Rhodes, and the jazziness is great! I will be honest and say that it sounds unfinished to me. I agree that some bass would help, and is certainly needed for contemporary R&B. The drums didn't ring true to me, and I thought the snaps and little clicks percussion could stand to have a long/bright reverb to make them sit in this genre. I also found that the kick could take up more space.

i like your style though, keep it up! I would recommend not bailing on this beat, there is great stuff here, just add to it!

Please take a listen to my latest remix when you have a chance, I would appreciate your feedback as well: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-command-q-blood-stone-new-thread-f4f-475499/

keep it up, great work!

Back