(f4f) Deadmau5 style progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullFlex

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıb&#
Recently i was into making somehing soothing, and after few hours of fooling around, i bring you this demo(?)
In the middle of my work upon this, I realized that melody sounds quite similar to 16th hour, meh.

Feedback please! :) I know that there is too much noise at times, and piano sounds poor.

I liked. Much better than I got used to hear here. Very chill. Melody is beautiful. rums are ok. The only thing is snare in the beginning. I wish it sounded less hissing.
Anyway nice job

Gonna write down suggestions, will get rid of this harsh snare when i sit down to this song again ;)

Thank You!

ff

I see you got inspired by strobe. You seem to have gotten the hang of it, it's unpredictable yet it stays melodic and it's catchy. Overall I like melody and the different elements. Here's my two cents on what can be imroved:
- Decrease the levels of all your tracks, your limiter is squeeshing everything together (especially the piano it's very loud).
- I would change the kick and snare, I feel like they don't fit the track well.
- It needs some percussions: shakers, hi hats patterns etc.
- Also I would add a lot of reverb to the piano but that's a personal preference, I always drown my pianos in reverb ^^
Hope this helps ! Cheers. Thanks for your feedback on my track :)

I see you got inspired by strobe. You seem to have gotten the hang of it, it's unpredictable yet it stays melodic and it's catchy. Overall I like melody and the different elements. Here's my two cents on what can be imroved:
- Decrease the levels of all your tracks, your limiter is squeeshing everything together (especially the piano it's very loud).
- I would change the kick and snare, I feel like they don't fit the track well.
- It needs some percussions: shakers, hi hats patterns etc.
- Also I would add a lot of reverb to the piano but that's a personal preference, I always drown my pianos in reverb ^^
Hope this helps ! Cheers. Thanks for your feedback on my track :)

Who knows what's inside my mind :D
I love Joel's music, I really enjoy his emotional songs and early, glitchy tunes.

Thanks for some directions, it's still on very early stage of progress :)
I will dig deeper into drum selection, also forgot to put a limiter; now I see that master level indicator is all red, smh.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back