Zedd - Beautiful Now | Remix

Solid. Following you on SC! I love basically everything except the drop at 0:48 - imo, there's not enough going on right there. The vocal chop/yelp you use from 2:00 on sounds a little inconsistent in terms of volume too (it is pretty loud when it plays alone (i.e. 2:30) and then gets noticeably toned down when it's playing alongside the main beat (i.e. 2:06-2:07). To combat that, I personally will manually adjust the volume of the sound to raise or lower it whenever it hits - time-consuming, and I'm sure there's a better way, but it has helped! Aside from that, really can't offer much other constructive criticism! Really looking forward to future stuff man!

Hello Bhatman,

I really like the bass synth. It's very smooth! The vocals could come out a bit more.
The kick in the buildup is very loud and sidechains almost all the elements really strong. But when it 'drops' the kick is almost completely lost. This is very contradicting and takes out a lot of strength from the song. Same goes for the snare basically.
I like the idea with the gated pads though, it sounds smooth, like the bass ;)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Precursor

Back