Would love some input on this one

So as far as the production goes, everything sounds very solid, every instrument has it's place, one caveat I have though is the bass drum sounds a bit too flat and in front of the mix.

But going off what you are looking for, the song seems quite generic. It doesn't have anything that stands out, nothing really says that it isn't just part of the crowd. It just hits checkmarks in the EDM space and doesn't want to experiment.

Personally, I would try making the flourishes and embellishments stand out a bit, or adding some dynamicism or a totally unexpected instrument or effect, maybe changing the time signature or the tempo, maybe even a key change. Just something that adds character and has the audacity to be different.

I like the character of the song and I'm a sucker for electric guitar. Did you record it yourself? The mixing could be improved by alot though, maybe bring drums out more on high end with some eq'ing?

Alright, nice playing!

I'm on the headphones at the moment and it was my first impression but on the second listen I'm getting more used to it and i really like the instrumentation, the beginning is very nice. So my guess now is that it is mostly the kick and snare what caught my ear. The top guitar melody might compress and flange with the kick a bit too much and phases out? Another thing is that the snare might be too punchy and lacks high freqs, maybe could try another? Other than that a great song and might been exaggerating a little with the alot part. :D

Alright, nice playing!

I'm on the headphones at the moment and it was my first impression but on the second listen I'm getting more used to it and i really like the instrumentation, the beginning is very nice. So my guess now is that it is mostly the kick and snare what caught my ear. The top guitar melody might compress and flange with the kick a bit too much and phases out? Another thing is that the snare might be too punchy and lacks high freqs, maybe could try another? Other than that a great song and might been exaggerating a little with the alot part. :D

great stuff - thanks!

Hey friend,

I'm on a small portable speaker right now so I can't speak too much to the finer points of sound except for one thing: the track spends most of its time buried. If I were you, I'd do a little polishing on my EQs to create some presence in the high-ends to open it up a little bit and give it a greater sense of space.

Otherwise I felt like I was waiting for it to begin the whole time. Its a very solid idea but it needs a B section. As has been said by many above, the playing is great so I don't think you'll have any trouble discovering a "response" section that challenges the musical world you set up in this ( 'A' ) section.

Hope this is useful.

S

Hey friend,

I'm on a small portable speaker right now so I can't speak too much to the finer points of sound except for one thing: the track spends most of its time buried. If I were you, I'd do a little polishing on my EQs to create some presence in the high-ends to open it up a little bit and give it a greater sense of space.

Otherwise I felt like I was waiting for it to begin the whole time. Its a very solid idea but it needs a B section. As has been said by many above, the playing is great so I don't think you'll have any trouble discovering a "response" section that challenges the musical world you set up in this ( 'A' ) section.

Hope this is useful.

S

Great stuff - thanks a lot!

Hi Rodolen,
I quite like the track, especially the gently additional notes coming in at the 1.15 mark. Overall the track is quite subtle and could benefit from a stronger finale. There is a nice synth coming in around the 2.30 mark which sounds a bit thin, but if you could fatten that up it could work great in the last section, which currently feels a bit too standard EDM to me. As others have remarked here as well, the earlier part of the track clearly shows you have the craft to rise above that.
good luck!

Hi Rodolen,
I quite like the track, especially the gently additional notes coming in at the 1.15 mark. Overall the track is quite subtle and could benefit from a stronger finale. There is a nice synth coming in around the 2.30 mark which sounds a bit thin, but if you could fatten that up it could work great in the last section, which currently feels a bit too standard EDM to me. As others have remarked here as well, the earlier part of the track clearly shows you have the craft to rise above that.
good luck!

thank you for the advice!

Hello Raudelan,

great stuff! I love the tenderness of the voice and the guitar against the dense yet transparent background.

As I am not experienced in any way in music production, there is one question I have: You start off with that synth that does something with its pitch, and keep it in the background, playing while the solos. In the voice and guitar solo parts, the pitch modulation interferes with their harmonics and make their notes sound off-tune. That takes away part of the atmosphere for me.

It is still present in the non-solo mix, but less audible. In the second half, I do not hear the synth, and that appears more fresh to me.

Last edited:
Hello Raudelan,

great stuff! I love the tenderness of the voice and the guitar against the dense yet transparent background.

As I am not experienced in any way in music production, there is one question I have: You start off with that synth that does something with its pitch, and keep it in the background, playing while the solos. In the voice and guitar solo parts, the pitch modulation interferes with their harmonics and make their notes sound off-tune. That takes away part of the atmosphere for me.

It is still present in the non-solo mix, but less audible. In the second half, I do not hear the synth, and that appears more fresh to me.

thank you for the input!

Hey,

Sick song, really love the idea here. The high frequencies are cutting through in the mix. Especially if i turn my volume up it starts ruining the mix. I would suggest checking you high end frequencies in your mastering/mixing. Otherwise great song, Keep it up! =)

Would love you feedback aswell, i got a thread open on the forum but here is the song, YouTube

Best regards,
Jonatan

Back