What genre I'm doing?

Anasse

Hi to everyone, I need your help guys. What genre I'm doing?
I'm working on my EP "afr" and I need to put my music in the right niche, but I don't know exactly how to define it.
My main influences are Afrobeat and electronic music in various shades, but I need your help to better understand
what I'm doing. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply, interesting. One of my influences is Micro House so I'm glad to hear it and thanks also for the appreciation!

Hi Anasse, as genres are only ever rough guidelines for the listener why not just tag the music with all of the above - Afrobeat, House, Microhouse, etc? I mean the more ways people can find your music the better, it doesn't have to only go into one niche unless you are intending to market to a very purist set of fans.

Apologies if I misunderstood your meaning, just my thoughts on the question.

PS I enjoyed the track, it had some almost glitchyness to it which gave it something different.

Thank you, you're right, maybe I think wrong, because always in my head the final listener is a purist or a musician that can understand some details in my track to appreciate them. But in the most, people just listen and enjoy. I think I'm just searching some approvation from other producers, so yes definetly I can tag all my influences to reach as many people I can. Thank you for your appreciation, it is so important for me to know if my music is in the right way.
P.S. I know, my english is not the best ahah.

Back