a weird lemony snicket-like song i need help with

dubwell

https://soundcloud.com/circuit-bored/denied-please-leave-feedback-edition/s-pBlTw this is the song (not the one in my footer)

Hello, so first off this song isnt in 4/4. its in 6/4 or 6/8 time signature so thats really different for me to work with. The song is in Bflat Major (and gminor). I really get a cool creepy vibe of lemony snicket for some reason from this song. It is electronic, but also focuses on acoustic guitar and some sound effect elements. I really think the change of the song from the beginning to the 2nd part is nice BUT there is something missing. It feels hollow for some reason. I cant place my finger on it. Also I don't know what Genre to call it, i was just think experimental.

If you leave feed back that's helpful I would be more than happy to add your name as in the paragraph/description of the song as a thank you.

Feel free to tear apart the song and really give me some pointers on it. thanks you guys :)

Last edited:
Woah, definitely different! The guitar sounds great - was is recorded live? Definitely helps to increase production value rather than having a generated guitar from a VST. Even if it is generated, it sounds so real. The second part kinda made me feel like I was sitting somewhere in Paris. The electronic under tones give it a real unique feel. I'm really interested in hearing this when it's finished, be sure to hit me up :) Good stuff!

hey. of course i got the time to give you feedback! loving the guitar and i like that you decided not to do it in 4/4 and use the major and minor.
the drums could use a little more saturation on my opinion. you could also give them a little more room :)

great experimental track but it has no real end :/ it just ends

Last edited:
hey bro just returning some feedback!

I like the composition of instruments you chose to use its unique and it was really gives the song its name. I like the bass you used in the certain sections, personally I think you should use some more instruments in the beginning and towards the middle just for 'fillers' to really give the track more body. But other then that I think its good! keep at it man practice makes perfect!

Woah, definitely different! The guitar sounds great - was is recorded live? Definitely helps to increase production value rather than having a generated guitar from a VST. Even if it is generated, it sounds so real. The second part kinda made me feel like I was sitting somewhere in Paris. The electronic under tones give it a real unique feel. I'm really interested in hearing this when it's finished, be sure to hit me up :) Good stuff!

Yup its all real guitars i played live. I will sure send you link after :)

Back