Wasnt really sure what genre this fell in

I like the idea with the gentle synth melody, especially around the 3 minute mark.

However, in general I feel the synths are too loud. It seems that the vocals kind of get drowned out by the synths below and are therefore not really audible? Same goes for the beat, its really in the back and I cannot clearly hear the bass in particular. Maybe you can try and work on the gain structure and apply some EQ to separate them more effectively.

Sounds like you forgot to remove the limiter from FL Studio's master track :D

It's over compressed, and too much reverb (or delay, can't tell). Sounds like even the kick has delay (at some parts).

After 3:00, it starts to sound like a song, though, the strings are nice, vocals are awesome, drums are great.

Hey man!

I think this track could use some EQ and the track seems too loud! Some general tips:

-Aim to not have the mix louder than -6 db, Increase volume after you are done with mix!

- Pan instruments slightly left and right when on same frequencies so they dont mash together.

- Be conservative with Reverb! Espcially reverb on low frequencies, this usually causes this muddy sound!

- When EQ, remove ALL frequencies you dont need. For lead synths just remove all low frequencies completly. The track should sound together, not each isntrument per sey.

- Also, work with some sidechain! Sidechaining instruments allows the kick to breath!

Otherwise, keep up the good work man! :)

Would love your input on my latest track aswell!

Rolling In The Deep - Jonatan Unoffical remix

Best regards,
Jonatan

You could start BIIIIG discussion with such lists :)

Only a few additions:
+) Generally do not over-effect, except where it is part of the show. Go for a clean dry mix, then put effects in.
+) First seperate your instruments perfectly, then use a bit of side-chaining to give it more intensity.

-- Ghosts: From Tribe to EDM and back again

Hey man, first of all I gotta say good work!

I'm not really familiar with this type of music so I'm not the right person to give technical feedback. But I do think you're mixing the sounds pretty well to give it production value. Like some other have said, it does sound a bit mashed, but then again, I'm not familiar with this style of music. The kick together with the trap-ish high-hat creates a nice groove so maybe a nice idea would be to work with less layers at a time and create more transitions.

If you have the time please review my latest track.
Like Clockwork by GRAVIS | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back