Wanted to make rave music

Not really sure if I would qualify as "rave" (if that even is a genre still), but its pretty crazy (in a good way). I would not know how to classify this. Like the little switch up near the end which betrays more musicality than the main riff would perhaps suggest.

I am not in love with that main riff, but that is probably just a matter of taste, not so much that its definitely wrong.

Hi!
To me rave music is Techno. So if this track was mine, I'd delete the drums, lower the bpms and start the drums over.
The other sounds are really interesting, it reminds me a set of Speedy J & Surgeon I heard this summer at Tomorrowland.
This track defintely deserves a rework. What do you think?

Anyway, I'd be glad to have some more feedback on this one: https://soundcloud.com/chris-van-gills/people-control

Cheers!

Its very interesting for sure. Prob wouldnt do well at a rave tbh, but its still a trippy song haha.

Well, this was a trip and a half. It is very different than what I'm normally used to listening to and taking away the fact that there is definitely some polishing to be done with this track, there are some parts that are noteworthy mentions. For instance, the main lead throughout the song was pretty well done and the break (that reggae feel lol) just before kicking back into the main chorus was actually decent and thought that would be more thematic that you can build your song around. There's still quite a bit to be improved upon but I think this song could turn out well! :)

Thanks for sharing

Back