Trying something even newer

:-) this is wholly original. I like the synth lines and could really hear this in a deep techno / electro mix somewhere. I found the second half more interesting, as more things are going on, the first half could maybe use a bit more of that?
Also, the beat, especially the kick sounds a bit on the soft side to me? Not sure if that was the intention, but you can add more of an aggressive twist on this by emphasising the kick a bit more in the mix because as I said I can hear this in a techno kind of environment.
Good stuff!

Hey guys, I just finished a really groovy experimental track and could use a bit of feedback! Thanks!

Chuck E Cheese Smackdown by DICQBEATS | Dicq Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Ok man,

I'm sorry to be the messenger, but this will lead to good things.

You have made an ok track, but the quality is not high man.

For starters, there is barely any logic to the chords, it really just sounds like random messing around on the keyboard.

To solve this, make a chord progression, or at least a rhythm of one or two chords that repeats in a predictable way - this way you will please your listeners.

Right now, this would be a good first step for you. Good luck man and hope you are not discouraged from getting better.

Hey dude, your writing style is quite different and somewhat of an antithesis to conventional sounding electronic music which I don't think is anything wrong per say since you should keep experimenting and sort of stand out from the rest of the drones that keep releasing the same sounding material.

With that said, however, you should at least have a little substance to your music to keep the listener interested than just audible noises, as beatty pointed out. I think you could continue developing this experimental sound that you have throughout each track you have written but maybe come up with a chord progression that gives us something to bump our heads to :P

Keep it up and don't give up! :)

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback!

The biggest thing that I was working towards on this track was to keep from getting stale, so I put a randomizer on a synth and just kinda played around C major and minor the whole time. I really wanted to maintain that groove that I was getting with the synth and a traditional chord progression wasn't cutting it. I'm also trying to move away from progressions in general because I definitely feel like my writing is getting a bit stale, so I decided to make this more tell a story, if that makes any sense. I was thinking that there would be too much going on if I added any other parts as well, so it's just one synth and a kit. I'll keep messing around with it to see if I can make something extra spicy though! Thanks again!

Back