(TripHop / Downbeat) - "Words Could Never Explain"

Hi there everybody. I just wanted to show you a new song i created. It's the first track in the TripHop-/Downbeat-Genre that i've done so don't expect too much. Somebody told me the high mids of the percussion were too loud so i cutted them off - but i'm still no professional producer and so i have to learn every day, watch tutorials, and get feedback from nice people like you - so i mean feedback were you can react to (and not just something like "Cool!" or "Urgh, sounds like crap!". So just let me know what you think about, what maybe good and what maybe bad, or in case, a complete nogo maybe - i'm thankful for any productive feedback. And my biggest trouble - i think you will hear it - are the beats and the percussion, the drums are - just not the way i would like them to be... I'm glad that i've found that forum here, so much important info, thanks a lot.

Welcome,
I dig the idea of the track, it's nice. Let's get to the drums.
I'd do something with clap. Maybe make it less rough or smth. Also it's hard to hear the hi-hats in the verses. The pattern starting at 2:06 could be louder (and then modulated down when the verse comes, if you want).
I'm no expert in the synths, so can't tell much here. They sound good :)
For my taste, the vinyl glitches could be a bit quieter.
As a chill/downtempo fan I like what you did here. Hope I helped at least a bit :)

If you have time: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-sterling-grove-sound-home-smpl-remix-518086/

Okay, let's talk from non-expert to non-expert... ;-D Thank you very much for your tips - i'll try those out tomorrow and see how it works.

It's good. Composition's good the drums sound fine so not sure what you don't like about em. Sounds kinda like a rock drum beater thing tbh.

Back