Tried something new - feedback appreciated!

DZM

Dining Room Producer
hi all,
I tried something new on my last track, which is a bit less techno oriented and goes more to somewhere between EDM / trap (I guess?). It has something like a verse-chorus-verse structure and a slower tempo. I am curious to hear what you think about it (good or bad). As always, happy to also listen to your stuff (if I have not done so already) and to discuss it!
Cheers,
DZM

Purple by DZM | Free Listening on SoundCloud

sounds pretty cool! I'd say to take out the percussion that is all the way through the track and just bring it in and out depending on the section. Also think it could use more low end.

That's interesting! I like the evolution in the composition, this is not flat.

About the musical genre, it's inspired by EDM and trap, but not really. It's electronica maybe then. :)

Last edited:
Hey, this a cool and unique tune you got going here! Nice melodies you have written for the main theme of the track and nice use of different beat variations on your drum patterns. Couple of things that I think you could improve on is that you can hardly hear the lower ends and believe the track would sound fuller once you include some lower ends. Also, the snare sounds a bit tin-y? Was that intended for the purpose of this song? Anyways, it's good stuff! :)

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Thanks for listening - agree about the genre. U also think there is not enough low end?

Thanks for listening and the feedback. I spent quite some time on the snares and like the way they sound, though maybe they could hit harder, will tinker with it. About the low end, this is a consistent theme so definitely need to work on that, guess I high passed too many tracks. Will reduce that and maybe add some sub-bass as well!
Thanks again!

Nice dreamy track, (maybe it's because i put a lot of bass in my tracks) but it feels like there is some bass missin in your track.
(i'm no master either so i know it's difficult to produce a "perfect" track!)

Keep on producing!
D. Bass Machine!

Back