Trap/EDM bucket snare

schmitty83

Hi, anyone know how to do this?

I'm trying to figure out what snare is used in so many trap/pop/EDM songs lately. It's heard on the "drop/chorus" of songs like "In the name of love" by Martin Garrix, "Don't let me down" by the Chainsmokers, and "Bring back the summer" by Rain Man.
It has a "bucket" sound to it like hitting a drumstick on a bucket. I know it's a snare with a lot of reverb on it and maybe even just an 808 drumkit snare with a clav in the background that hits at the same time as the snare but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out. Any tips, answers, or the exact snare name of this snare that they all use?
Thanks, Joe

Last edited:
Try getting 2 snares that are the same... Eq them to get them nice and crisp. Put reverb on 1 of the snare's. Can't remember the settings to much.. But a load of decay maybe 3 sec plus... Nice wide room size as well... Now I'm not to sure on this but I'm sure the pros sidechain the 2 snare's, so that wen the snare's hit at the same time the snare with reverb on it ducks in volume... I might be wrong on this but there's a load of vids on youtube on that wide edm snare section change effect..

Don't know the exact name and I'm no expert but you can achieve by layering multiple snares. Start with the classic trap snare and go from there. In FL Studio I can get almost any snare just by layering the default snares.

Back