Trance - "Inter Vivos (Original Mix)" by ZaZa - would love some feedback!

ZaZa

Producer
Newest track - most likely my last trance tune for a while - moving on to melodic house and chillout next

Please let me know what you do and don't like! Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
Not my style aesthetically but it seems well produced. Sound could maybe benefit from a very slight loudness-V in the EQ, but I'm not sure. On soundcloud you wrote "This track nearly broke my DAW! So much stuff going on". Whenever this happens to me I export the audio and put it into an audio track of a new DAW project, this way the sounds won't be distorted by the overstrained DAW and you can work on further tracks more comfortably. Just a hint but you probably already conceived on this yourself :) Anyway, good job with production

The melody comes after about 3.30 gave me literally goosebumps. It is really clear that you gave so much effort to create such a piece of art. Trance is not my style but I can understand when I listen a nice track. Nice job!

This is one of best Tracks i hearded today because i going threw forum posts every day, but because of marketing and producing EDM content i answering to them in one day like today ;) love the vocals they are really inspiring and emotional melody truly touches heart drop is amazing well choosed levels, mastering and in my opinion trance is one genre where slight clap boost gives much credit love it ;) drop melody is outstanding as i mentioned you really need push this Release under twitter, soundcloud, youtube, instagram with video or audio because it will get your audience to you! well done keep on crafting amazing tunes ;)

For return feeback here some of my lastest EDM Content Release and Newest Remix

For more My EDM Music Content you can open up My Socials down bellow and subscribe them for lastest Previews\Producing Updates\Arts that i making almost every day ;)

Vyt4s Social Networks:
Youtube: DJ Vyt4s - YouTube
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vyt4utas/
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/vyt4sofficial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vyt4sOfficial or @Vyt4sOfficial
Mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/Vyt4sOfficial/
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1Cmf4GheQgRa0LtF5TrArV
Instagram: vyt4sofficial
Snapchat: Vyt4s

Love the voice samples and how subtle they are. The first build up gave me goosebumps. The first drop felt like it didn't give a fast enough "answer" if that makes sense. Great track.

Not my style aesthetically but it seems well produced. Sound could maybe benefit from a very slight loudness-V in the EQ, but I'm not sure. On soundcloud you wrote "This track nearly broke my DAW! So much stuff going on". Whenever this happens to me I export the audio and put it into an audio track of a new DAW project, this way the sounds won't be distorted by the overstrained DAW and you can work on further tracks more comfortably. Just a hint but you probably already conceived on this yourself :) Anyway, good job with production

darreichungsform, thanks for the recommendation to export the audio file to a new project. Honestly never though of that before! I'll make sure to do that when I master the next one. The latency on this one was just insane. I also agree about the loudness boost - not the easiest thing in the world to nail down. Thanks for listening!

The melody comes after about 3.30 gave me literally goosebumps. It is really clear that you gave so much effort to create such a piece of art. Trance is not my style but I can understand when I listen a nice track. Nice job!

bockun thank you so much! That means a ton - looking forward to your next release btw!

This is one of best Tracks i hearded today because i going threw forum posts every day, but because of marketing and producing EDM content i answering to them in one day like today ;) love the vocals they are really inspiring and emotional melody truly touches heart drop is amazing well choosed levels, mastering and in my opinion trance is one genre where slight clap boost gives much credit love it ;) drop melody is outstanding as i mentioned you really need push this Release under twitter, soundcloud, youtube, instagram with video or audio because it will get your audience to you! well done keep on crafting amazing tunes ;)

Vyt4s thanks man, much love! I've been too lazy to push these releases to labels and whatnot, haha, but I'll take your advice one of these days. Still trying to fine tune my mixing and mastering and will reach out to some videographers soon too. By the way, I'm digging your Calling remix. Uplifting af! Just subbed to you on SC

Love the voice samples and how subtle they are. The first build up gave me goosebumps. The first drop felt like it didn't give a fast enough "answer" if that makes sense. Great track.

Dougzooka, thanks - and I totally know what you mean about the first drop. I struggled with the direction I wanted to take it and it's a little outside the norm. Thanks for listening!

Not my cup of coffee but I am oldschool. I am not sure but first riser sounds too unfinished. Check out artists like Orjan Nilsen who can make some cool risers.
Anyway there is too much EQ at top end and sometimes too much overlaying your elements. Keep it more simple with delays and reverb.
Goes well in some gym and workout music.

Last edited:
Not my cup of coffee but I am oldschool. I am not sure but first riser sounds too unfinished. Check out artists like Orjan Nilsen who can make some cool risers.
Anyway there is too much EQ at top end and sometimes too much overlaying your elements. Keep it more simple with delays and reverb.
Goes well in some gym and workout music.

Hey digitalbeat - looking back at this a few days later, I agree with all of your points. The first riser always sounded a little unfinished to me too! Funny you mention Ørjan because his track Nocturnal was the song that got me into trance years ago - and his risers are indeed works of art. Thanks for your criticism - it confirms my suspicions - good to know I should trust my gut!

I like this.. this is actually trance... The kick seems to go wayward in the mix at the second half.. or maybe you want it back there :)... overall, it has all the builds and fills... well done bro :)

Great job man. I'm not usually a huge fan of trance, but you did an excellent job on this track. I can tell you put hours upon hours into it and it shows. I'm looking forward to hearing your future productions, and I hope you go with melodic house next.

Here's the track I just finished:
https://soundcloud.com/user994837873/id-1

Keep on making great music!

Klectik

Hey digitalbeat - looking back at this a few days later, I agree with all of your points. The first riser always sounded a little unfinished to me too! Funny you mention Ørjan because his track Nocturnal was the song that got me into trance years ago - and his risers are indeed works of art. Thanks for your criticism - it confirms my suspicions - good to know I should trust my gut!
Allright that sounds good. I was introduced to trance in nineties by AVB and nordic trance forum that is closed now for many years ago. Trance.nu . Anyway you can make very good trance. It just needs balance with mixing the tracks and rolling out eq from some tracks to make more separation with elements. That´s all just bit tweaking not too much.

Last edited:
I like this.. this is actually trance... The kick seems to go wayward in the mix at the second half.. or maybe you want it back there :)... overall, it has all the builds and fills... well done bro :)

Synapsis, thanks! I did really bring out the kick in the 2nd half - props for good ears! It's actually a totally different kick with the low end EQed up higher than the first one and more compression. I used Camelcrusher on it with some distortion. First time I've done that so I'll try to dial it back just a bit next time

Great job man. I'm not usually a huge fan of trance, but you did an excellent job on this track. I can tell you put hours upon hours into it and it shows. I'm looking forward to hearing your future productions, and I hope you go with melodic house next.

Here's the track I just finished:
https://soundcloud.com/user994837873/id-1

Keep on making great music!

Klectik

Klectik thank you so much! Put many hours into this one, yep! Still not up to the standard I'm looking for but I think we all share in that mindset haha. I took a listen to your track and I'm liking the style - nice and summery - love how it's not as in-your-face as a lot of tracks in the same genre tend to be

Allright that sounds good. I was introduced to trance in nineties by AVB and nordic trance forum that is closed now for many years ago. Trance.nu . Anyway you can make very good trance. It just needs balance with mixing the tracks and rolling out eq from some tracks to make more separation with elements. That´s all just bit tweaking not too much.

I've read about trance.nu - sounds like it was the end of an era when it shut down! Re EQ, that's my understanding of it too - trance has really become a "wall of sound" genre over the years, so there's a shitload of competing sounds. The EQ I used for 80% of Inter Vivos was the stock EQ that came with my DAW - read: not precise and almost no mid/side work. But, I auditioned Fabfilter Pro Q2 on the other 20% and was blown away by the precision - buying it today and will be using it to fine tune

Last edited:
Back